Woman left blind and scarred after glue from false eyelashes fell into her eye at beauty salon


A WOMAN was left blind in one eye and partially sighted in the other after glue from false eyelashes fell into her eye at a beauty salon.

The 41-year-old had the beauty procedure done in the city of Porto Velho, the capital of the western Brazilian state of Rondonia.

The woman, 41, was left blind in one eye after the beautician allegedly dropped glue in her eye

3

The woman, 41, was left blind in one eye after the beautician allegedly dropped glue in her eyeCredit: Newsflash
The woman was getting false eyelashes put on when it happened

3

The woman was getting false eyelashes put on when it happenedCredit: Newsflash

The woman, who has not been named, shared pictures of her scarred face – saying she had tragically lost her sight totally in one eye and partially in the other.

Glue which was used to stick her false eyelashes on allegedly fell into her eyes during the procedure, causing her blindness.

According to national newspaper G1, the woman alerted police and health authorities.

The 41-year-old told the police in a statement that the ‘professional’ dropped the glue inside her eyes and she immediately started experiencing severe pain.

However, she said the response from the beautician was to offer her a glass of water.

Afterwards, the woman decided to go home, but the pain didn’t stop and she was finally taken to a health clinic for treatment.

According to the police report, the woman informed the staff at the Oswaldo Cruz clinic that she was experiencing a total loss of vision in her right eye and partial loss in her left.

BOTCHED JOB

The victim’s sister, who has also filed a complaint, told the newspaper: “She could have at least taken her to a UPA (emergency care unit.)

READ  Morning mail: Unions' failed $25m campaign, Labor leader contest, May's bad day

“The doctor said that if she had gone immediately, she might have been able to avoid the damage that was eventually caused.”

G1 reported trying to contact the unnamed professional in question but had no answer.

The woman’s sister posted on Facebook with the photos and the message: “This neglect is the fault of the professional.

“Nobody here is saying that it was not an accident, we are saying that she did not provide help and left her in pain.

“We have not exposed the author of the injury, just facts about what happened, with the relevant evidence.”

It’s not known whether the injuries sustained are permanent.

Earlier this year, a teen was nearly blinded after a botched lash extension saw her needing hospital treatment after the lashes were glued inside her eye.

Lainey Palmer, 19, claims a trainee lash technician offered to do the job for free after she volunteered as a model for the salon.

READ  Coronavirus Italy: Daily infection rate falls under 3,000

Lainey said it felt as if she was being scratched with needles, and the agony was so bad she told the trainee to stop.

The salon’s management offered to remove the lashes for her, but Lainey was in too much pain.

A similar ordeal happened to a woman in Thailand, where a backstreet beautician used SUPERGLUE to apply the woman’s eyelash extensions.

The woman’s eyes began to swell and when she blinked, the eyelids stuck together.

The woman was told she was blind in one eye and partially sighted in the other after getting the procedure done

3

The woman was told she was blind in one eye and partially sighted in the other after getting the procedure doneCredit: Newsflash
Woman’s agony after backstreet beautician uses super glue to apply eyelash extensions





READ SOURCE

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here