Daniel Andrews expected to announce further details of city’s reopening after record-breaking Covid-19 lockdown, as federal parliament and Senate estimates return and questions continue over management of Australia Post. Follow latest updates
- Follow our global live blog
- Second day of no cases and no deaths in Victoria
- Full Australian Covid stats; Covid restrictions state by state
- NSW cases map; Vic cases map
- NSW hotspots list; Vic hotspots list
- Sign up for Guardian Australia’s coronavirus email
The registered organisations commissioner, Mark Bielecki, has revealed that the cost of court matters relating to the police raid on the Australian Workers Union is $1,336,000.
The AFP raided the AWU headquarters in October 2017 investigating whether political donations were authorised under the union’s rules. The union challenged the legality of the raids, and the federal court agreed there was no “reasonable grounds” for them.
Oh and for those watching estimates, Asic will front the economics committee at 2.15pm – the same time as question time.