A CHILLING video appears to show a US Navy warship being swarmed by 14 “spherical” UFOs travelling at up to 160mph.
The video was leaked to Jeremy Corbell, a documentary film maker, who has been behind a recent string of UFO footage.
Corbell posted the clip on his Instagram to his 200,000 followers. showing the USS Omaha’s radar screen with audible chatter in the background from the crew.
Numerous objects can be seen swarming across the green and black screen in the ship’s combat information centre.
He explained the July 15, 2019, encounter off the coast of San Diego lasted two hours from 9pm to 11pm and ended when one of the 6ft objects plunged into the ocean.
No wreckage was ever recovered from the scene when a US submarine went to investigate.
The documentary maker, who runs website Extraordinary Beliefs, claims still images from this footage were included in a briefing to the US’s UFO task force.
It is claimed the unknown objects – which are said to have been described as “spherical” – were hitting speeds of up to 158mph.
“138 knots. Holy s***. They’re going fast. Oh, it’s turning around,” exclaims one of the crew from off screen.
Mr Corbell said: “We do not know what, if anything, the Navy or Pentagon might be willing to say about the USS Omaha incident (and related UAP encounters), but we are confident the incident is a legitimate mystery – and look forward to whatever information might be forthcoming.”
The footage appears to be from the same incident as a previous video leak which shows a spherical UFO appearing to plunge into the ocean.
UFOs – now more commonly referred to in scientific and intelligence circles as Unidentified Aerial Phenomena (UAP) – have stepped from being fringe conspiracy theories to a genuine security concern.
And so far there are no public answers as to what appears to be happening in our skies.
However, US officials have started taking the unprecedented step of confirming the authenticity of videos filmed by warships and warplanes of their strange encounters.
And they have admitted they do not know the origin of the strange objects as calls grow in the US for widespread disclosure to figure out what – if anything – the world’s governments are hiding on UFOs.
US intelligence services officially closed the book on the phenomena in 1969 at the conclusion Project Blue Book – which stated there was nothing to see regarding UFOs.
However, in the last three years there has been an abrupt turnaround as the Pentagon took the unprecedented step of releasing three stunning UFO videos filmed by the US Navy.
And it also confirmed the existence of its secretive UFO investigation unit, before the US Senate then commissioned a report on the issue from intelligence chiefs.
The Director of National Intelligence’s office, the highest intelligence body in the US, was given 180 days to compile the dossier – with the deadline expiring in June.
US Senator Marco Rubio, a Florida Republican who sits on the intelligence committee, is being one of the biggest driving forces – encouraging the US not to “laugh off” the historically stigmatizing phenomena.
Competing theories on the strange videos continue to rage – with some grounded on Earth claiming the videos capture never-before-seen military aircraft or drones, while others claim it shows otherworldly craft possibly piloted by aliens.
Others however are more skeptical and sometimes even dismissive, claiming the bizarre videos may just be camera tricks, natural phenomena or even outright hoaxes.
What is going on with UFOs in the US?
UFOS have stepped from fringe conspiracy theories to a genuine national security debate in the US.
Pentagon officials last year took the unprecedented step to release of trio of remarkable videos which showed US encounters with UFOs.
The debate is still open as to what the phenomena caught on film were – but it made clear to everyone, something is in the skies.
Perhaps the most striking was a video known as the “Tic Tac” – which showed an unidentified object being pursued by fighter planes.
The US also confirmed the existence of the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program (AATIP) – a Pentagon programme set up to study UFOs before being disbanded in 2017.
However, it was replaced by the UAP Task Force in June 2020 after a vote by the US Senate Intelligence Committee.
Defence chiefs have since confirmed a number of leaked UFO videos and photos which were submitted to the Task Force for investigation.
Why this sudden rush for transparency?
No outside the secretive wings of the US government currently knows for sure.
And as a tacked on addendum to a 5,500 page Covid relief bill passed in December, the the Director of National Intelligence’s office was ordered to compile a report on UFOs within 180 days.
Former intelligence director John Ratcliffe has hinted the report will be a big deal – and we now just over a month away from its release.
The five month deadline elapses on in June, with some UFO lobbyists claiming it could be the “most profound moment in human history“.
Perhaps one of the most extraordinary interventions on UFOs came from former US President Barack Obama who sensationally addressed the topic on CBS.
He said: “What is true, and I’m actually being serious here, is that there’s footage and records of objects in the skies, that we don’t know exactly what they are, we can’t explain how they moved, their trajectory
“They did not have an easily explainable pattern. And so, you know I think that people still take seriously trying to investigate and figure out what that is.
“But I have nothing to report to you today.”
His comments have only fueled the new desire for openness on the topic of UFOs, with one expert telling The Sun Online he believes “powerful forces” are at work behind the scenes.
Nick Pope, a former UFO investigator for the UK’s Ministry of Defence, told The Sun Online the world may never know why the Pentagon has done a U-turn after decades of denial on unidentified phenomena.
“Beyond a shadow of a doubt, there is a sort of hidden strategic agenda here that Congress, the media and the public do not yet understand – and may never understand,” the investigator said.
“Something is playing out right now, powerful forces are at work behind the scenes, pulling the strings on this.”
He added: “There could be something about the phenomena which is just going to be undeniable very shortly and this is the US government trying to get out ahead of the story and drive the narrative.”
The Sun Online also previously spoke to Luis Elizondo, who headed up the secretive Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program (AATIP) for the Pentagon.
The ex-intelligence office warned UFOs could represent the biggest intelligence failure for the US since 9/11.
“There is something in our skies, we don’t know what it is, we don’t know how it works, we don’t know fully what it can do, we don’t know who is behind the wheel, we don’t know its intentions, and there isn’t a damn thing we can do about it,” he said.
And we previously revealed the “most compelling” footage of a UAP, according to a leading group of scientists, and a probe into the mysterious “Skinwalker Ranch” which is the US’s leading hotspot for UFOs.