Latest news: Boris Johnson says ‘people have just got to understand’ the consequences of loosening restrictions
- NHS England vaccine website crashes as Moderna rollout begins
- All over-50s and high-risk groups offered vaccine ahead of target date
- 4.6m people missed out on hospital treatment in England in 2020
- Surge testing in south London as South African variant cases rise
- Global coronavirus updates – live
University campuses in England will not reopen until mid-May, ministers are expected to confirm, depriving up to a million students of more face-to-face tuition after a year of disruption due to the pandemic.
The further delay will come as a major blow for students who say they have already missed out on their education, as well as much of the university experience that goes with it, while continuing to pay tuition and accommodation costs.
Nicola Sturgeon has begun her Covid update conference. We will bring you the key lines.
Joining the First Minister is Chief Medical Officer Dr Gregor Smith. https://t.co/gRLUBmLc78