football

Transfer news LIVE: Matty Cash to Atletico, Traore to Barca DONE, Newcastle in for £30m Chelsea ace Broja, Diaz latest


AFTER a frantic January, the transfer window will shut for Premier League clubs next Monday.

With the race now on to get last-minute deals over the line, we’ll bring you all the big stories as they happen right here.

Chelsea were looking at strengthening their squad but instead a number of players are said to be wanting to leave after growing unhappy with Thomas Tuchel, as Romelu Lukaku is reported to be.

Georginio Wijnaldum is reportedly open to a return to the Premier League this January, although the PSG star is currently out with an injury.

While we’ve the very latest on Luis Diaz, with Tottenham joining the race for the Porto star.

Calum Chambers has left Arsenal and joined Aston Villa meanwhile, in a shock, swift move from North London.

However, it looks like Tottenham will not be signing Adama Traore, who is undergoing a medical at Barcelona.

Dele Alli’s future remains a mystery, with a host of Premier League clubs reportedly preparing a move for the out-of-favour Spurs star.

And Bruno Guimaraes is set for a medical at Newcastle United after the Toon saw off competition from Arsenal.

Follow ALL the latest transfer gossip and news with our live blog below…

JOIN SUN VEGAS: GET A FREE £10 BONUS WITH 100s OF GAMES TO PLAY AND NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED (Ts&Cs apply)

  • Carroll set for Baggies medical

    Andy Carroll is reportedly set to undergo a medical ahead of a move to West Brom after recently leaving Reading upon the expiry of his short-term deal.

    Carroll, 33, had joined the Royals on just £1,000-a-week as he aimed to prove his fitness and quality.

    And he impressed enough in his eight Championship outings to bag himself a deal at high-flying West Brom.

    According to the Telegraph, West Brom are moving for Carroll after the injury suffered by new January signing Daryl Dike.

  • Spurs interest sparked Liverpool move

    Tottenham’s pursuit of Luis Diaz sparked Liverpool into action, according to reports.

    It’s claimed the Reds had been waiting until the summer to launch a move for the 25-year-old.

    But Spurs are said to have an offer from Luiz rejected, and Liverpool did not want to risk losing out on their target.

    The title challengers are now thought to have tabled a bid in the region of £50million for the Colombian, and are favourites to land his signature.

  • Villa ‘monitoring’ Lingard situation

    Aston Villa are one of a number of clubs keeping an eye on Jesse Lingard’s situation at Manchester United.

    A loan move to Newcastle fell through because the clubs couldn’t agree on the finances involved.

    But with a lack of action at Old Trafford this season, Lingard could look to leave before the end of the window, despite being out of contract in the summer.

    And Steven Gerrard’s side are one of the teams ‘monitoring’ developments, according to MEN.

    But the West Midlanders face competition for his signature, with Burnley, Everton and Leicester all also said to be keen on a deal for Lingard.

  • Vlahovic arrives for Juve medical

    Arsenal target Dusan Vlahovic has arrived in Turin to undergo his Juventus medical.

    He’s expected to take the No28 shirt, according to Fabrizio Romano.

    A £58million deal is understood to have been agreed for the 21-year-old, with Arsenal missing out on their top winter target.

    Tottenham and Manchester City had also been linked with the Serbian superstar, but it was the Gunners who held the firmest interest.

  • Barcelona making more moves

    Barca aren’t just focused on bringing signings in, with reports suggesting three players are in line for new deals at the Nou Camp.

    According to 90min, Ronald Araujo, Gavi, and Sergi Roberto are all set to be offered new contracts when the winter window closes.

    Araujo is out of contract in 2023 and has been a key player this season, earning himself a contract extension.

    Gavi meanwhile is set to join Pedri with a mammoth 1billion euros release clause, with the 17-year-old firmly in Xavi’s plans.

    Meanwhile the idea for Roberto is for him to take a pay-cut, as others have done, in order for the cash-strapped club to bring in new talent.

  • Adama Traore in Spain TODAY

    Wolves winger Adama Traore will undergo his Barcelona medical today, according to transfer expert Fabrizio Romano.

    The 26-year-old is set to join on loan until the end of the season, with a £25million option to buy.

    And if Barca do exercise that option to buy, Romano claims personal terms have already been agreed for a five year deal.

    It’s a blow to Tottenham, who had been strongly linked with a move to Traore.

    And the North Londoners now look like missing out on Luis Diaz too, thanks to a late swoop from Liverpool.

  • Arsenal used as a ‘smokescreen’

    Chiefs at Arsenal have reportedly been left livid after Dusan Vlahovic agreed a deal to sign for Juventus.

    According to ESPN, there is the belief at Arsenal they were used as a ‘smokescreen’ to negotiate a transfer to Juventus.

    The Gunners had been strongly linked with the 21-year-old before he opted to join Juventus.

    Mikel Arteta is in desperate need of a new striker, something that Vlahovic, who scored 33 Serie A goals in 2021, would have provided.

  • Morata attracting Premier League interest

    Tottenham and Newcastle are aiming to hijack Barcelona’s move for Alvaro Morata, according to reports.

    Barca boss Xavi reportedly requested the signing of the former Real Madrid man.

    But according to Spanish sports radio show El Partizado de Cope, Morata may return to the Premier League on loan.

    They reckon that Spurs and Newcastle have also lodged bids for the 29-year-old.

    Atletico had been set on selling the striker permanently this month, but could accept a loan bid from either of the two English clubs.

    The Toon are desperate to bolster their survival bid, while Tottenham could finally secure competition for Harry Kane.

    It’s claimed that Morata’s future could be decided as soon as today.

  • Liverpool table £50m Diaz bid

    Contrary to earlier reports, it’s believed Liverpool have offered £50million for Porto winger Luis Diaz.

    According to The Athletic, the Reds are keen to pounce on the confusion between Tottenham and Porto regarding a move.

    The North London club thought they had agreed the transfer of the Colombian star for £40m plus £8m in add-ons.

    But the 25-year-old’s two representatives — who are based in Europe and South America — are refusing to sign off the deal because of the way super-agent Jorge Mendes has become embroiled in the move.

    Diaz’s advisors are adamant the deal will not be completed if Mendes plays any part in their player’s affairs.

    And that uncertainty has opened the door for Liverpool to make their move.

  • Exclusive – Warnock eyeing managerial return

    Neil Warnock could be back in management – at the ripe old age of 73.

    Fellow pensioner Roy Hodgson, 74, has returned to football with Watford this week.

    Now Warnock could potentially be coaching again in the Championship with former club Cardiff and Bristol City both interested.

    Both clubs are struggling at the wrong end of the table, with manager’s Steve Morison and Nigel Pearson under pressure at their respective clubs.

  • Exclusive – Mateta impressing Patrick Vieira

    Crystal Palace are keen to turn Jean-Philippe Mateta’s loan permanent.

    The French striker, who is a year into an 18-month loan from German side Mainz, has won over Patrick Vieira in recent weeks with his performances.

    Mateta has featured in all of Palace’s last six matches in all competitions and Vieira now wants to keep him.

    SunSport understands a deal is yet to be agreed as Palace try to negotiate down from Mainz’s desired fee of around £14m.

  • Exclusive – Cash in Atletico talks

    Aston Villa star Matty Cash is in talks with Atletico Madrid over a permanent transfer this summer.

    SunSport understand Atletico manager Diego Simeone is searching for a full-back to replace Kieran Trippier following his £12million move to Newcastle.

    Sources in Spain tell us that Cash is among Atleti’s top targets and are willing to splash a fee in the region of £30-£40million during the summer transfer window.

    The Spanish champions may be set for a bidding war at the end of the season as other clubs are interested in the right-back.

    But the Poland international is keen on a move to the Wanda Metropolitano Stadium, which appears to be likely.

    It seems like Atletico will wait until June to put the wheels in motion – but a late January swoop can’t be completely ruled out after Calum Chambers joined Villa yesterday.

    Credit: PA
  • Reds targeting deal for Diaz

    Liverpool are reportedly increasingly confident of sealing a £37.5million transfer for Porto star Luis Diaz.

    According to the Times, the Reds are looking to ‘finalise’ a deal, having hijacked Tottenham’s move.

    The Premier League title chasers are yet to make a signing this window, but could make a statement with the signing of Diaz.

    As well as Spurs, Manchester United have also been linked with a move for the Colombian ace.

  • Good morning footy fans

    Aston Villa completed the shock signing of Arsenal defender Calum Chambers.

    The defender, to Express reporter Ryan Taylor’s understanding, moved for just £2million.

    Tottenham’s swoop for Porto ace Luis Diaz is stuck in limbo due to a furious agents’ storm.

    The clubs have agreed the transfer of the Colombian winger for £40million plus £8m in add-ons.

    But the star’s two representatives — who are based in Europe and South America — are refusing to sign off the deal because of the way super-agent Jorge Mendes has become embroiled in the move.

    Diaz’s advisors are adamant the deal will not be completed if Mendes plays any part in their player’s affairs.

    Inter Milan have announced the signing of Robin Gosens.

    The wing-back joins the defending champions from top-four hopefuls Atalanta.

    And finally, Manchester United are reportedly ‘petrified’ to let Jesse Lingard leave the club on loan.

    According to the Mirror, the club are worried the 29-year-old will be a success elsewhere with Newcastle and West Ham interested in acquiring his services.

  • Wolves confident on keeping Neves

    Wolves are standing firm in their efforts to keep hold of Ruben Neves and are confident he will not leave this summer.

    SunSport exclusively revealed earlier this month that Manchester United were determined to sign the 24-year-old midfielder.

    The Red Devils hoped a bid of around £35m would be enough to lure the Portuguese international to Old Trafford.

    But that is yet to materialise with Wolves said to be willing to consider offers of £40m-£45m and above to part ways with their most talented player.

    And SunSport understands Wolves are now confident they can keep hold of Neves until the summer at least – and hope qualifying for Europe could even convince him to stay.

    With Arsenal also interested, it really would take an extraordinary offer for him to now leave the club with the January window shutting on Monday night.

  • Spurs Diaz transfer hits the rocks

    Tottenham’s swoop for Porto ace Luis Diaz is stuck in limbo due to a furious agents’ storm.

    The clubs have agreed the transfer of the Colombian winger for £40million plus £8m in add-ons.

    But the star’s two representatives — who are based in Europe and South America — are refusing to sign off the deal because of the way super-agent Jorge Mendes has become embroiled in the move.

    Diaz’s advisors are adamant the deal will not be completed if Mendes plays any part in their player’s affairs.

    Without their approval, the switch cannot be completed.

    Tottenham are desperate to make Diaz, 25, their first signing of the transfer window.

  • Inter announce Gosens

    Inter Milan have announced the signing of Robin Gosens.

    The wing-back joins the defending champions from top-four hopefuls Atalanta.

    Inter are top of the Serie A again this term and have a good chance of retaining the Italian title.

  • Red knock back Minamino approach

    Liverpool have rejected an approach from Leeds for midfielder Takumi Minamino.

    According to PA News Agency, Liverpool have knocked back two approaches from the relegation strugglers.

    And it would take a considerable bid to see Jurgen Klopp part with the Japan international.

  • Calum Chambers joins Aston Villa

    Aston Villa have completed the shock signing of Calum Chambers from Arsenal.

    The 27-year-old defender has penned a three-and-a-half-year contract with Steven Gerrard’s side.

    Chambers, who can operate at both right-back and centre-back, will be available to make his debut in the club’s clash at home to Leeds United on February 9.

    He told Aston Villa TV: “It’s a massive club and they’re in a great moment at this moment in time.

    “It’s a very exciting place to be and everyone can see that from the outside. Things are happening here and it’s definitely moving in the right direction.

    “For me, it was a no-brainer to join a great club. It was the right thing for me to do.”

  • Man Utd ‘petrified’ of Lingard loan

    Manchester United are reportedly ‘petrified’ to let Jesse Lingard leave the club on loan.

    According to the Mirror, the club are worried the 29-year-old will be a success elsewhere with Newcastle and West Ham interested in acquiring his services.

    Lingard, of course, spent the second half of last season on loan at the Hammers, scoring nine and assisting five – helping them finish sixth.

    And United don’t want to strengthen top-four rivals West Ham again this time around.

    The report suggests the clubs’ treatment of Lingard hasn’t gone down too well with team-mates like Marcus Rashford.

  • New incoming goalkeeper

    Arsenal are closing in on signing a new goalkeeper.

    According to Fabrizio Romano, Matt Turner or New England Revolution is set to make the move in the summer.

    Romano tweeted: “Arsenal are closing on Matt Turner signing from New England Revolution. Deal in place for summer move, @TaylorTwellman reports and club sources confirm. Fee expected to be around €7m plus €3m add ons.

    “#AFC Personal terms already agreed. Final details and then done deal.”

  • N’Golo Kante, Fabinho, Declan Rice or Rodri?

    There is fierce debate over who is the best defensive midfielder in the Premier League.

    But England star Declan Rice has made more tackles and more interceptions than Fabinho, Rodri and N’Golo Kante this season.

    Rice, 23, has gone from strength to strength for West Ham and his form has been recognised with transfer interest from Manchester United and Chelsea.

    In 22 Prem games he has won 28 tackles and made an incredible 40 interceptions, as well as making improvements to the attacking side of his game.

    His West Ham side often have less possession than Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester City – so that influences the statistic in his favour slightly.

    But he has made also more passes than Fabinho and Kante – more than doubling the latter’s efforts, albeit having played more games than both players.

  • Vlahovic done deal

    Dusan Vlahovic’s move to Juventus is DONE according to Fabrizio Romano.

    The transfer guru tweeted: “Dusan Vlahović to Juventus, done deal and here we go! Total agreement with player, agents and Fiorentina. €75m fee add ons included. €7m net salary per season.

    “Vlahović will undergo medical tests in Turin and sign his long-term contract soon. Deal completed.”

  • Juventus ‘make Jorginho approach’

    Juventus are interested in making a shock swoop for Chelsea star Jorginho, according to reports.

    The 30-year-old Italian has been one of the best midfielders in the world over the past 12 months.

    He won the Champions League with Chelsea at the end of the 2020-21 campaign.

    Less than two months later he then played a vital role in Italy’s triumph at the European Championship.

    And, according to Gazzetta, he has turned the heads of Serie A giants Juve as they look to bolster their squad in the summer.

    Jorginho’s contract at Stamford Bridge runs until the summer of 2023.

  • Liverpool Diaz boost

    Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool have been handed a transfer boost in their bid to sign Porto winger Luis Diaz.

    According to Record in Portugal, the 25-year-old has turned down Tottenham in favour of the Reds.

    But Diaz would come at a hefty financial cost.

    The Colombia international is valued at around £50million.





READ SOURCE

Leave a Reply

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you accept our use of cookies.  Learn more