football

Transfer news LIVE: Arsenal target Takehiro Tomiyasu, Alex Kral to West Ham Chelsea chase Jules Kounde

<p>Cristiano Ronaldo, Jules Kounde and Daniel James could be the big movers as the window closes</p>

(PA)

Transfer deadline day is here! Transfers have to be completed in the Premier League and everywhere else in England and Scotland by 11pm tonight, so we could see plenty of movement in the next few hours as clubs try to get their deals wrapped up.

The biggest deal still in the pipeline is Jules Kounde’s move to Chelsea, though the Sevilla defender is by no means certain to complete a transfer to Stamford Bridge today amid questions over the pricetag, which Sevilla reportedly increased at the last minute. Elsewhere, Ainsley Maitland-Niles has spoken out on his desire to leave Arsenal after a bid for him was turned down, and Leeds United set to complete the signing of Manchester United winger Dan James.

Other exits could happen at both United and Arsenal, with Hector Bellerin a potential sale from the latter if Barcelona move for him once Emerson Royal’s move to Tottenham is concluded. West Ham United and Everton also still have business to conclude, and while Liverpool have not been linked with any late-window deals as yet, there could be movement if Divock Origi departs or Roberto Firmino’s weekend injury is deemed long-term.

Overseas, Kylian Mbappe looks set to stay at PSG rather than move to Real Madrid, but Eduardo Camavinga and several other big deals could still go through. Follow the latest movements, rumours and completed transfers on deadline day as clubs ready themselves for the rest of the season ahead.

1630407032

Tomiyasu deal agreed with Arsenal

Journalist Fabrizio Romano is reporting that a deal for Takehiro Tomiyasu has been agreed.

Personal terms have been completed and a fee of €20 million plus €3 million in add ons will be paid to Bologna.

He is set to undergo a medical this afternoon.

Dylan Terry31 August 2021 11:50

1630406552

Edouard undergoing Crystal Palace medical

Odsonne Edouard is currently undergoing his medical with Crystal Palace ahead of a move to the Premier League side.

The 23-year-old striker is expected to make the move to the West London outfit from Celtic later today.

Celtic are expected to replace him with Giorgos Giakoumakis from Dutch side VVV-Venlo.

Dylan Terry31 August 2021 11:42

1630406132

Spanish midfielder Cucurella joins Brighton

Brighton have confirmed the signing of Spanish midfielder Marc Cucurella from Getafe.

The 23-year-old has signed a five-year deal with the south coast side as they look to push on in the Premier League this season.

Manager Graham Potter said: “We have been keen to bring Marc to the club, and we are really pleased to finally welcome him here and are excited to begin working with him.

“He has had a fantastic education in the youth teams at Barcelona and he has gone onto make a real impression in La Liga and within the national set up. He is a versatile player, and he will add competition and options to the squad.”

Dylan Terry31 August 2021 11:35

1630405657

Solskjaer and Ronaldo back together

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Cristiano Ronaldo have reunited at Old Trafford more than a decade after they played together.

The former Manchester United teammates will now work as manager and player in a bid to bring the glory years back to the club.

Ronaldo could feature in United’s next Premier League game at home to Newcastle on Saturday 11 September.

Dylan Terry31 August 2021 11:27

1630405237

What happens if Michael Edwards leaves Liverpool as sporting director?

First, the fact: Michael Edwards is a supreme operator and one of the premier sporting directors in world football. If he does indeed depart Liverpool next summer when his contract expires, his exit will undeniably be felt.

His work in the transfer market has been heralded, but the influence stretches far deeper: he led the recruitment of Jurgen Klopp and the esteemed research team was crafted by Edwards’ design, crowned by the coup of landing Ian Graham.

But what happens if he leaves?

Dylan Terry31 August 2021 11:20

1630404736

Cavani says Manchester United won’t let him leave

Manchester United striker Edinson Cavani has said the club will not let him leave before the end of the transfer window, according to journalist Gerard Romero.

He went on to add that it is ‘not an easy negotiation’ to force a move.

The Uruguayan will be pushed down the pecking order following the arrival of Cristiano Ronaldo.

English youngster Mason Greenwood is also in contention for a role as the centre forward having netted in all three of their opening Premier League games.

Dylan Terry31 August 2021 11:12

1630404637

Bellerin set for Arsenal exit

Sky Sports understand that Arsenal defender Hector Bellerin is set to leave the Emirates in a transfer saga that has been rumbling on all summer.

Bellerin is set to join La Liga side Real Betis as they look to finalise a deal for the right-back, whose Arsenal contract expires in 2023.

A lot of comings and goings in North London.

Dylan Terry31 August 2021 11:10

1630404234

Ronaldo releases Instagram post

Cristiano Ronaldo has spoken on Instagram about his move back to Manchester United.

He said: “Everyone who knows me, knows about my never ending love for Manchester United. The years I spent in this club where absolutely amazing and the path we’ve made together is written in gold letters in the history of this great and amazing institution.

“I can’t even start to explain my feelings right now, as I see my return to Old Trafford announced worldwide. It’s like a dream come true, after all the times that I went back to play against Man. United, and even as an opponent, to have always felt such love and respect from the supporters in the stands. This is absolutely 100% the stuff that dreams are made of!

“My first domestic League, my first Cup, my first call to the Portuguese National team, my first Champions League, my first Golden Boot and my first Ballon d’Or, they were all born from this special connection between me and the Red Devils. History has been written in the past and history will be written once again! You have my word!

“I’m right here! I’m back where I belong! Let’s make it happen once again! PS – Sir Alex, this one is for you…”

Dylan Terry31 August 2021 11:03

1630403814

Hourihane’s message to Villa fans

Conor Hourihane has just posted a message to Aston Villa fans after joining Sheffield United on loan.

He said: My time as an @avfcofficial player has come to an end. An incredible 4 and a half years at the club.

“Arriving mid table in the championship and now the club going from strength to strength in the premier league is something I’m proud to have been apart of. I gave everything for the club while I was there.

“From our play off final defeat to our play off final win. Our carabao cup loss to our final day great escape. It’s been an amazing journey.

“Special times and special memories that will stay with me forever. I wish the club nothing but the best moving forward and il be watching on now as a fan! UTV.”

Dylan Terry31 August 2021 10:56

1630403433

Maitland-Niles will not train with Arsenal first team

The Mirror have revealed that Arsenal player Ainsley Maitland-Niles will not be training with the first team.

This comes after he attempted to force a move to Everton in the closing days of the transfer window.

But the Gunners refused to sell and are now set to oust him from training with the first team squad altogether.

Dylan Terry31 August 2021 10:50