South African girl, 11, has hysterectomy after 'three-year rape ordeal by paedophile neighbour'


Girl, 11, is forced to have a hysterectomy after ‘three-year rape ordeal at the hand of paedophile neighbour’ in South Africa

  • She was said to be the victim of a 26-year-old man, who was arrested last week
  • Arrested in connection with attacks on four girls in Kwazakele in Port Elizabeth
  • The 11-year-old was in Dora Nginza Hospital waiting to have her uterus removed
  • She was admitted on June 24 suffering from heavy bleeding, according to police
  • Man was at New Brighton magistrate’s yesterday as victim’s aunt spoke of ordeal

A young girl has been forced to have a hysterectomy after her neighbour was alleged to have repeatedly raped her in South Africa.

The 11-year-old was said to have been the victim of a 26-year-old man, who was arrested last week in connection with attacks on four girls in Kwazakele, Port Elizabeth.

The man, who cannot be named, was at New Brighton magistrate’s court yesterday as the victim’s aunt talked through her niece’s three-year ordeal.

The girl was in Dora Nginza Hospital waiting to have her uterus removed after being admitted on June 24 suffering from heavy bleeding, according to police spokesman Cpt Andre Beetge.

The 11-year-old was said to have been the victim of a 26-year-old man, who was arrested last week in connection with attacks on four girls in Kwazakele, Port Elizabeth (stock)

The defendant lived on the same road as the victims and got them in his house with bribes such as sweets, TimesLIVE reported.

READ  Student carried out deadly attack at Crimea college before killing himself, official says

The alarm was only raised when the 11-year-old revealed her trauma to staff at the hospital on June 26.

A doctor claimed she named the alleged attacker and mentioned another victim – with three girls later coming forward.

The girl was in Dora Nginza Hospital (pictured) waiting to have her uterus removed after being admitted on June 24 suffering from heavy bleeding, according to police spokesman Cpt Andre Beetge

The girl was in Dora Nginza Hospital (pictured) waiting to have her uterus removed after being admitted on June 24 suffering from heavy bleeding, according to police spokesman Cpt Andre Beetge

Cpt Beetge said the other rape claimant was a nine-year-old, while a 12-year-old said the man had tried to rape her, and a girl, nine, opened a sexual assault case.

All these were said to have taken place in 2017 and 2018, which have led to the man being charged with two rapes, attempted rape and sexual assault.

It is feared the girls were victims of a serial rapist, with Motherwell cluster commander Maj-Gen Dawie Rabie saying: ‘We urge parents in this area to come forward where more child victims are identified.

‘We also need parents to see the serious need of better adult supervision when children are allowed to play outside in the streets.’

Sorry we are not currently accepting comments on this article.



READ SOURCE

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here