entertainment

Simon Cowell takes aim at Little Mix's new show as 'fit for X Factor rejects'


Simon Cowell has not held back in his latest swipe at girl band Little Mix.

The four-piece were once his protégés after they became the first group to win The X Factor in 2011 but their association ended last year when Little Mix left Cowell’s Syco label.

They didn’t seem to leave with the blessing of the music mogul and Cowell has been dismissive of the group since then but this is the most public swipe he has made.

Little Mix, who consists of Jesy Nelson, Leigh-Anne Pinnock, Perrie Edwards and Jade Thirlwell, have incensed Cowell further by launching their own TV talent show, in which they will be searching for the next chart-topping group.

Little Mix have fallen out with Simon Cowell

This seems to be in competition with Cowell’s next project, X Factor: Bands, which launches on ITV on December 9 and in which he will hope he has the midas touch again and finds the next One Direction.

Cowell wasted no time in getting in a jibe about the girl band’s new competition during the auditions for his new X Factor concept.

Read More

Showbiz editor’s picks

The Sun has reported that one band hopeful that was not deemed good enough to progress in his show, suggested that they might have better luck applying with Little Mix.

Cowell reportedly said: “Little Mix are doing a show next year. You should apply. Tell them I sent you.”

Celebrity X Factor's Simon Cowell bends the rules for Max and Harvey's Movie Week song
X Factor’s Simon Cowell has been dismissive of Little Mix

A source said about the jibe: “It was obviously a real dig at the girls’ show. there is a proper feud.”

Little Mix: The Search will be arriving on BBC1 early next year and will provide direct competition for ITV’s talent searches.

Meanwhile, Little Mix ’s Jade Thirlwall and Perrie Edwards shut down rift rumours between the band and revealed they begin writing their next album soon.

Perrie Edwards hides left hand hand at PLT party amid engagement rumours
Little Mix have a talent show on BBC1

The singers firmly denied any rumours of a rift between them and band mates Jesy Nelson and Leigh-Anne Pinnock.

During an exclusive chat with Mirror Online at Radio 1’s Teen Awards, the girls also revealed they are heading back to the studio next week to start recording some new music.

Jade, 26, said they were sad to have finishing touring but added: “We go back into the studio next week to start writing our next album so we can’t wait to do that.”

Do you have a story to sell? Get in touch with us at webcelebs@trinitymirror.com or call us direct 0207 29 33033.





READ SOURCE

Leave a Reply

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you accept our use of cookies.  Learn more