THE new Lion King film hits cinemas tomorrow.
Moviegoers will be rushing to see the CGI remake of the Disney classic.
But you do not have to fall prey to high ticket prices — I take pride in revealing these savings . . .
- DIAL A DEAL: Depending on your mobile phone provider, you may be able to bag bargain tickets. Vodafone customers, for example, can get two adult tickets for any Odeon, any day, for £7 (regular prices vary across the UK).
- CHILD’S PLAY: Sign up for the Kids Pass at kidspass.co.uk. It costs £39.99 for a year and, among restaurant deals, you can get up to 40 per cent off cinema tickets. Sign up via topcashback.co.uk and get £5.25 back — cutting the monthly cost to £2.90.
- Also, if you have a Tastecard – which normally focuses on 2-for-1 meals – trial it for £1 for 60 days and they offer up to 40 per cent off cinema tickets, too. If you buy insurance with comparethemarket.com remember you also get access to Meerkat Movies, which means 2-for-1 on cinema tickets on Tuesday and Wednesday.
SAVING: £2.62 on monthly cost, plus ticket value
- POINTS THIS WAY: Do you collect supermarket loyalty points? Every 500 Sainsbury’s Nectar points are worth £2.50 towards Vue cinema tickets. Plus, Tesco’s Clubcard points can be used at Cineworld — each 50p in points can be used as £1.50 to spend at venues across the UK.
SAVING: at least £1.50, depending on points
- CUDDLE CATS: Need something to cling to during the sob-fest screening?
Aldi has reversible Simba pillows for £4.99. ShopDisney.co.uk are selling Simba and Nala stuffed toys for £25 and for every one sold, Disney will donate £4 to the Wildlife Conservation Network in support of the Lion Recovery Fund.
For more Lion King bargains, see my Shop- along video at facebook.com/thesunsavers
- All prices on page correct at time of going to press. All deals and offers subject to availability
Deal of the day
PIZZA Hut is offering 50 per cent off. It applies to all online orders over £20 that include sides, pizzas, desserts, drinks and dips.
SAVE: 50 per cent
FAN of lower-calorie ice cream? Enjoy a tub of Ben & Jerry’s Moophoria Light for £2.50 at Asda, down from £5.49.
My Sun Savers fiver
KEVIN BRADFORD, from St Neots, Cambs, says: “I had a great birthday trip to Warwick Castle thanks to Sun Savers and my fivers.”
- Send us your Savers fiver stories to sunsavers.co.uk/fivers and you’ll get 28 codes worth £5 if yours is used. Please include your name and town.
GET an enviable glow with Topshop’s Glow Powder highlighter in Crescent Moon, £15, – it’s just like Becca’s Champagne Pop highlighter, £30.
Reader’s saving tip
MICHELLE HARRISON, of Stockport, says: “The tubs that you get your washing tablets in make ideal, free storage containers for your pens and pencils.”
- Send tips to sunsavers.co.uk/tips and you’ll get 28 codes worth £5 if your idea is used. Please include your name and town.
Shop & save
KEEP those hands clean and soft with Carex Advanced Care Macadamia Oil handwash, 95p at Tesco, usually £1.90.
Book your Hols From £9.50 in over 225 parks in UK and Europe
DON’T miss your chance to get a bargain break – with Hols from £9.50.
You really are spoilt for choice this time round, with more than 225 holiday parks to choose from across the UK and Europe.
Take your pick and enjoy a three-night weekend break or make it a midweek vacation and get a fourth night free. You can see all the destinations and holiday park features at thesun.co.uk/holidays.
To book, simply collect TEN tokens, codewords or Sun Savers codes from those printed daily until July 30.
Today’s token and codeword are on the right, and today’s Sun Savers code is on Page 24. When you have collected TEN codewords, go to thesun.co.uk/holidays and enter them to book.
Or to book by post, send your printed tokens with the booking form, available at thesun.co.uk/holidays.
If collecting with Sun Savers, see sunsavers.co.uk or the Sun Savers app and click on “Start Collecting” on the “Holidays from £9.50” page found in the “Offers” section.
Next, enter TEN Sun Savers codes to unlock booking.
- Price per person based on four sharing. Subject to availability. Code/token collect. T&Cs and date restrictions apply, see thesun.co.uk/holidays.
Play now to win £50,000 on the Sun Savers Raffle
JOIN thousands of readers taking part in the new Sun Savers Raffle.
Every Sun Savers code you enter will earn you a ticket for our £50k monthly Raffle. And for every ten tickets you collect in a calendar month, you get a GOLDEN TICKET for our £80k Raffle, which takes place every three months, with the first one at the end of June.
There is no limit to how many tickets you can collect. So the more you enter, the better your chances.
To take part go to sunsavers.co.uk or open the Sun Savers app. Then opt in to each month’s Raffle by clicking “Yes!” when prompted and start collecting the Sun Savers codes printed daily in the paper.
Every time you scan or enter a code into Sun Savers, you get a Raffle ticket in the £50k Raffle.
Not yet a Sun Savers member? Just go to sunsavers.co.uk or find “Sun Savers” in the app store to get started.
Fancy a free fiver?
YOU can get FREE cash with super Sun Savers just for buying your favourite paper.
Our brilliant new rewards club will pay back our most loyal readers.
Just pick up the paper each day to collect your Sun Savers codes and we will GIVE YOU £5 when you have collected 28.
This isn’t a one-off and there is no limit to how much cash you can save.
For every 28 codes you enter, we will give you a fiver. So over the course of a year, that could add up to £65.
We are keeping it super-simple. You don’t have to enter codes from consecutive days, so don’t worry if you forget a day or two.
Download our easy Sun Savers app and quickly scan your code using your smartphone. Or go online and enter your code at sunsavers.co.uk.
To get you on your way, join today and we will put a bonus £1 in your Sun Savers wallet tomorrow. And the good news doesn’t stop with free cash.
With Sun Savers, we give you the best hacks, deals and tips to save money every single day.
TO JOIN: Don’t worry, folks — joining takes just 30 seconds, in three steps.