Real Madrid transfer news LIVE: Man Utd delay decision after shock £145m Paul Pogba offer


Real Madrid transfer news LIVE updates: All the latest news and gossip from the Bernabeu

Monday, July 29

  • Real Madrid have lodged a bid for Manchester United star Paul Pogba
  • Zinedine Zidane’s side have offered £145million for the French midfielder
  • Chinese Super League side Jiangsu Suning have signed Croatian striker Ivan Santini
  • Monaco are interested in signing Real Madrid striker Mariano Diaz

James Rodriguez staying put

James Rodriguez has been told he’s stating at the Bernabeu.

The Colombia international was expected to leave Real Madrid with rivals Atletico favourites to snap up his signature.

However, club president Florentino Perez wants him to stay for the 2019/2020 campaign.

It’s said the lengthy injury to Marco Asensio has prompted Perez to go against the wishes of Zinedine Zidane, who was prepared to sell.

Angry Bale

Zinedine Zidane doesn’t like Gareth Bale and the pair have never shared a good relationship.

That’s according to Bale’s agent Jonathan Barnett, who spoke to Journal du Dimanche after his client’s failed move to Chinese club Jiangsu Suning.

Zidane has made it clear he was not Bale’s biggest fan and the player’s injury record – he has made just 79 LaLiga starts in the last four seasons – did not help his cause.

“It’s simple, Zidane doesn’t like Gareth,” Barnett said. “There’s no relationship between them. There never has been.

Paul Pogba bid

Real Madrid have lodged a bid for Manchester United star Paul Pogba.

According to Spanish publication Sport, Zinedine Zidane’s side have offered an astounding £145million for the French international.

READ  PSG vs Manchester United: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer given a 9 in L'Equipe's infamously harsh ratings

Pogba, 26, has openly revealed his desire to leave Old Trafford in search of a new challenge elsewhere.

However, Sport add that Manchester United will not green light the deal unless they have a suitable replacement through the door.

Gareth Bale deal dead

Chinese Super League side Jiangsu Suning have signed Croatian striker Ivan Santini whose arrival is expected to bring to an end the club’s pursuit of Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale.

The signing of Santini from Anderlecht alongside the recruitment of Brazilian defender Miranda from Inter Milan late last week means the club now have five foreign players on their books.

CSL rules allows clubs to have four overseas-born players included in their official squads at any one time and, with Italian defender Gabriel Paletta expected to depart soon, Jiangsu’s quota has been filled with the signing of Santini.

The signing of Santini means Jiangsu would have to move out either Alex Teixeira or Eder Martins to accommodate Bale but, with both integral members of coach Cosmin Olaroiu’s side, that looks unlikely.

Mariano Diaz

Monaco are interested in signing Real Madrid striker Mariano Diaz.

Los Blancos re-signed Diaz, 25, for £19million in August 2018 having sold him to Lyon.

But after just 13 La Liga appearances for Real Madrid during the 2018/2019 campaign – Zinedine Zidane is looking to offload the centre-forward.

Arsenal have been linked with Diaz but Marca claim Monaco boss Leonardo Jardim wants him and has reportedly submitted an offer.

City come knocking

Manchester City are looking to sign Barcelona full-back Nelson Semedo.

READ  Virgil van Dijk crowned PFA Player of the Year ahead of Raheem Sterling

That’s according to Spanish newspaper Sport, who claim Pep Guardiola’s side have made contact with the Spanish champions.

The Premier League champions had wanted to sign Juventus full-back Joao Cancelo.

But with Juventus unwilling to discuss a deal – City have their sights on the Portugal international.



READ SOURCE

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here