Police shoot man dead at Milton Keynes property after another man found dead there

An investigation has been launched after one man was shot dead by police and another was found dead inside the same property in Milton Keynes.

The police watchdog, the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC), said it had received a referral from Thames Valley police (TVP) and that the investigation was at a “very early stage”.

According to a statement from officers, TVP were called to an address in Two Mile Ash at about 9.40am on Saturday and made a forced entry after acting on information from a witness.

Inside they found a man in his 30s who was later confirmed dead, as well as a young child with serious injuries. A man in his 20s was also there. The force said it was understood officers deployed a stun gun before shots were fired at the man. The man subsequently required first aid and treatment from ambulance crews but was pronounced dead at the scene, TVP said.

The child was taken to hospital and police said both of the dead men’s next of kin had been notified.

Neighbour Tracey Sherman said: “We generally keep ourselves to ourselves but this is so, so sad, and I know everyone will be shocked that such a tragic thing has happened on our doorstep.”

Another neighbour, James Soper, said: “The mum I’d seen before walking about, walking to the primary school around the corner … The youngest child, a girl, was too young to go to school, she was in a buggy. The boy who was injured, he was around six or seven years old.”

There is no information yet on the mother and the other child who were present during the incident.

Assistant chief constable Christian Bunt said: “What has happened can only be described as absolutely tragic and will no doubt have an impact on the community.

“Our thoughts are with those who have been impacted by this incident. Our major crime unit are working closely with the IOPC to understand exactly what has happened.

“At this stage no one else is being sought in relation to this investigation and we are seeking to support everyone involved. Members of the community will see an increased police presence. We would ask anyone who has any concerns or information to please speak to one of our uniformed officers.

The IOPC confirmed it had received a referral from TVP and said its investigation was “at a very early stage and no further information can be provided at this time”.


Leave a Reply

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you accept our use of cookies.  Learn more