Peter Andre fans are not too impressed with his latest presenting gig.
The Insania singer, 46, came under fire from his fans after the news of him hosting the Miss World beauty pageant in London was shared by the Miss World official Twitter on Tuesday.
The pageant team announced: “We’re super excited to announce that the legendary Peter Andre is hosting #MissWorld2019 at this year’s #MissWorld Final in #London and performing #Mysteriousgirl on December 14 at ExCeL. #WeAreReady for London but is London ready for us @MrPeterAndre.”
Alongside the message was a snap of handsome presenter Peter and a photo of the Miss World crowning ceremony.
Peter also shared the news by writing online: “Welcoming 120 contestants arriving in #London this week, I’m very excited to announce that I’ll be PRESENTING and PERFORMING live across the globe @MissWorldLtd 2019 final on Dec 14 at ExCel London! #MissWorld #MissWorld2019 #MysteriousGirl.”
He added a snap of three previous winners of the title.
Soon after, Peter was subject to scrutiny by fans who were shocked that he was working with the pageant that sees 120 women from around the world compete in categories including Sport, Talent, Top model, Head to Head Challenge and Beauty With A Purpose.
One upset fan wrote: “I am quite disappointed about the Miss World thing! Thought you were better than that Mr Andre.”
Another saddened social media user added: “This is actually pretty sad.”
Others quizzed: “What’s your view on those who think Miss World is an outdated institution?” and “Miss world???? Really???”
Some loyal fans were happy for the TV personality, as they offered: “A prince among queens.good luck you will be amazing” and “Whaooooo you are the perfect one to host this xx.”
He received criticism for accepting the role due to the claims about Jackson molesting children during his career.
Earlier this year, a documentary called Leaving Neverland alleged that Jackson sexually abused Wade Robson and James Safechuck when they were children.
The powerful documentary left a lot of Jackson fans feeling like they could no longer listen to his music.
But speaking on Good Morning Britain, Peter insisted the musical was just “about the music”.
He said: “I have always said that we’ve got to keep the music separate.
“The reason I say that, one is because if you’re going to go there and say you can’t listen to the music because there’s allegations, do you listen to the music pre any supposed allegations, where do you go with it?
Someone was listening to Rihanna the other day and there was a sample of a Michael Jackson song, and she was telling me she was unsure about listening to Michael Jackson.
“So where do you draw that line?’”
He added: “This show is about the music. I always have to say that they are allegations.
“It doesn’t mean there’s no truth in it or you can in any way ignore it.
“But we’re not at that point where we know what happened.”
Jackson’s estate have denied the claims against the singer, who died in 2009.
Do you have a story to sell? Get in touch with us at email@example.com or call us direct 0207 29 33033