PAUL Hollywood is set for a bitter court battle with estranged wife Alex after he accused her of “leaking” stories about him.
The Bake Off star’s lawyers fired the opening shots during a preliminary divorce hearing yesterday.
Alex, 54, who has an 18-year-old son with the TV judge, told London’s High Court she had not spilled details about his financial worth. They include a story in the Sun on Sunday that revealed his companies raked in £9.1million last year.
Adam Wolanski QC, for Mr Hollywood, said: “We do not know whether these leaks came from the wife.
“But we are very anxious about leaks and making sure that nothing is reported wrongly.
“We don’t want sensitive information to be ‘laundered’ into the public domain.” Mr Hollywood’s lawyers said he “accepts” much of his financial information is publicly available via Companies House — the government’s business register.
Alexander Chandler, representing Alex, said: “She wants to make it absolutely clear that she was not the source of the story in the Sun on Sunday.”
The full trial is due to start on July 22. Judge Martin O’Dwyer has banned reporting of any financial information that emerges during the hearing.