Home politics Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe taken to court by Iranian Revolutionary Guards ahead of fresh trial, husband says

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe taken to court by Iranian Revolutionary Guards ahead of fresh trial, husband says

0
Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe taken to court by Iranian Revolutionary Guards ahead of fresh trial, husband says


Last week, the mother-of-one was suddenly told to “pack a bag for prison” and warned she was facing a second trial on Monday, according to her family.

Richard Ratcliffe, 45, who looks after the couple’s six-year-old daughter Gabriella in West Hampstead, confirmed that his wife was picked up by guards and taken to court.  

Speaking today to the Standard, Mr Ratcliffe said it would be “devastating” if his wife is sent back to solitary confinement.

He said: “Nazanin is quite up and down. Every night she struggles to sleep, having nightmares about being back in prison, then in the morning we have a chat to calm her down.”

(

Nazanin’s husband Richard Ratcliffe has been campaigning for her release

/ EPA )

The 42-year-old has been detained in Iran since 2016 but was moved to house arrest in March as she neared the end of a five-year sentence.

She was originally imprisoned in Iran’s notorious Evin Prison for espionage — a charge the British-Iranian dual national vehemently denied. 

The Foreign Office said the latest recall to court was “unwarranted, unjustified and unacceptable” and causing “enormous distress” to her and her family.  

They also summoned the Iranian Ambassador Hamid Baeidinejad to call for Iran to end her arbitrary detention.



READ SOURCE

READ  Who is Kate Osamor? Former Labour frontbencher and MP for Edmonton

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here