MORRISONS shoppers can toast the New Year in with champers for under a tenner if you head down to your local store.
The supermarket has cut the price of Charles de Villers Champagne in half to £9.99, down from £20.
Shoppers will need to act quick though as the deal is only available until January 1, 2021.
Morrisons isn’t the only supermarket offering cheap champers in time for New Year’s Eve.
Aldi is offering bottles of Nicolas De Montbart for £9.95 – even cheaper than Morrisons.
The supermarket describes this fizz as having a “lemony taste” with fruit and floral notes”.
Here’s how to cut the cost of your grocery shop
SAVING on your shop can make a big difference to your wallet. Here are some tips from Money.co.uk about how you can cut the cost of your shopping bills:
- Write yourself a list – Only buy items that you need. If it isn’t on your list, don’t put it in the trolley
- Create a budget – Work out a weekly budget for your food shopping
- Never shop hungry – you are far more likely to buy more food if your tummy is rumbling
- Don’t buy pre-chopped veggies or fruit – The extra they’ll charge for chopping can be eye watering
- Use social media – follow your favourite retailers to find out about the latest deals
- Be disloyal – You may want to go to different stores to find the best bargains
- Check the small print – It’s always worth checking the price per kg/lb/litre when comparing offers so you’re making a like for like decision as a bigger box won’t necessarily mean you get more
- Use your loyalty cards – Don’t be afraid to sign up to them all. They all work slightly differently – work out what bonus suits you better and remember to trade in your points for additional rewards
You can grab a bargain from Asda too, which is charging £9.97 for its Henri Cachet Champagne Brut, while a bottle of Louis Delaunay Champagne Brut will set you back £10 too from Tesco.
While you could save pennies by shopping elsewhere, you may be compromising on taste.
If prosecco is more your tipple, Morrisons is also doing a deal on a bottle of its Sorso Proseccom, which now costs £4.99 from £7.50.
Unfortunately, the Morrisons deals are only available in store – you find your nearest one here
If you’re planning to take a trip down to your local Morrisons, it’s best to check opening and closing times using the supermarket’s store locator.
Opening hours over the New Year break might be different to the normal timings shoppers are used to.
You can also check out our opening and closing times guide for the supermarket here too.
We’ve rounded up the best champagne, cava and prosecco deals for New Year’s Eve to help you bring in 2021.
And we’ve also drawn up a list of supermarket opening hours over the break including Tesco, Aldi, and M&S.
If you’re wondering how you can celebrate New Year’s Eve because of Covid restrictions, we’ve also outlined what the rules are for Tiers 4, 3, 2 and 1.