entertainment

Michelle Mone weds billionaire fiancé after postponing twice due to coronavirus


Michelle Mone has finally tied the knot to Doug Barrowman after postponing the big day twice due to the coronavirus pandemic.

The Scots bra tycoon has been sharing stunning images of her wedding dress on Instagram this afternoon.

Michelle. 49, had started a countdown to her nuptials on Sunday when she posted a picture of her ornate veil on the social media site and wrote: “Six sleeps”.

The lingerie mogul had originally been set to marry her billionaire other half in early Spring before the rearranged the big day to August after the outbreak of the health crisis.

After being forced to change the date again, it seems she has finally made it up the aisle.

Businesswoman Michelle looked stunning in the white lace dress, which was created by British designer Suzanne Neville.

The mum-of-three previously revealed she would be donating the outfit, and her Jimmy Choo shoes, to cancer charity Royal Marsden following her big day.

In August, on what was meant to be her rescheduled wedding day, she said she was “more excited than ever” to marry Doug.

She wrote: ‘Today was meant to be the day Doug and I got married.

“It’s the second time we’ve had to postpone our special day, but we’ve set a date and are more excited than ever. #ThirdTimeLucky.”

Michelle announced her engagement in December 2018 after Doug romantically proposed with a stunning eight carat diamond ring at their London home. 

Following lockdown restrictions being introduced in March, Michelle explained she didn’t want to risk the health of her guests and older family members at the large gathering.

She said in a statement: ‘Doug and I were very much looking forward to getting married in the coming weeks but are equally aware of the need to avoid undertaking any unnecessary risks in the current circumstances.



Michelle and Doug Barrowman

“We are particularly conscious of government advice in relation to both the well-being of older family members and large gatherings of people.

“So in line with that advice for the UK and beyond we are postponing our wedding and have set a new date. It’s been two years in the planning and of course we’re disappointed but safety comes first.”

She added: “I feel for everyone who is in the same situation and hope that they, like us, will be looking forward to a celebration in the future.”

The star had been set to marry in August at the 13th century Chapel of St Mary Undercroft in the heart of the Palace of Westminster, otherwise known as ‘the House of Lords church’.





READ SOURCE

Leave a Reply

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you accept our use of cookies.  Learn more