WHETHER you are after a bargain or making a few extra quid, boot fairs are the way to go.
As the bank holidays bring in bumper crowds, use these trader tricks…
- Do your research. Scout around to find the right event. Consider entry fees, petrol costs and whether you are selling or buying. An earlier, pricier pitch can reap rewards if you have quality, undamaged products or high-street labels to sell. Ensure you have change or you may lose early buyers. If you are buying, change can help you lower the price if sellers want your coins.
- Buddy up. Take friends or family so you can share the cost of a pitch. You will also have more varied items to sell, attracting more shoppers. Manchester car boot sale Bowlers is £15 per car — so that is £7.50 saved if you do it with a mate.
- Food for thought. Buying food and drink at boot fairs cuts into your profits. Bring a packed lunch and flasks for hot drinks.
- Find out-of-season items. It is incredible what you can find at boot sales. I am always hunting for birthday and Christmas gifts. Toys are usually cheap and can be put away for holidays or birthdays. Summer is a good time to pick up winter coats.
- Make an effort. Selling? Arrange bric-a-brac on a table covered with a colourful cloth. No rail? Hang smaller pieces of clothing on the edge of your table. Maybe reduce items to £1 later on, using colourful signs to attract buyers. Buying? Find a way to get big items home there and then. You may get a price cut.
- Prices on this page are correct at time of press. Deals and offers are subject to availability.
Deal of the day
TAP into extra money with £40 cashback on laptops costing £499-plus when shopping with Currys via TopCashback.co.uk/currys.
ENJOY tasty McVitie’s toasting waffles for half-price at Tesco. Now 65p, down from £1.30.
My Sun Savers fiver
SHERRI REYNOLDS, from Banbury, Oxon, says: “I am collecting my Sun Savers fivers for my son, who has just started university. It will be a nice bonus for him.”
- Share your Savers fiver stories at sunsavers.co.uk/fivers and get 28 codes, worth £5, if we print yours here. Please include your name and town.
SAVE a fortune by swapping Valentino Rockstud flat metallic sandals for this similar look from studio.co.uk.
Reader’s saving tip
VANESSA CLANDFIELD, of Halstead in Essex, says: “When you use the last of your washing detergent, don’t bin the container. There’s enough left for a few hand washes if you rinse out the container with warm water.”
- Share suggestions at sunsavers.co.uk/tips and get 28 codes, worth £5, if we print yours here. Please include your name and town.
Grab a pair of FREE tickets to Thorpe Park worth over £100
SUN Superdays is back – grab two FREE tickets to Thorpe Park Resort worth over £100.
With more than 30 thrilling rides, attractions and live events, Thorpe Park Resort is alive like no other UK destination and is a must-visit for those looking to share endless fun with friends and family.
In 2019, join them for a season of fun, thrills and laughter with intense coaster action and unmissable events.
Enjoy world-class rides such as the UK’s only winged roller-coaster The Swarm, experience thrilling physical effects and intense action on Derren Brown’s Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon, brace yourself on Stealth, one of Europe’s fastest and tallest rollercoasters, make your way to the Safe Zone on The Walking Dead: The Ride and plunge the 100ft “beyond vertical” drop of the movie-themed coaster SAW – The Ride.
Plus, experience water rides like no other, including the super-soaking Tidal Wave, Storm Surge and Rumba Rapids all set to guarantee fun.
To get your free tickets, just down-load the Sun Savers app or sign up at sunsavers.co.uk. Then go to the Offers section and click on Start Collecting on the Superdays – Thorpe Park page. Next, collect NINE Sun Savers codes from those printed daily in the paper until May 28.
Lastly, enter your NINE Sun Savers codes on the app or website to unlock booking. Exclusively with Sun Savers, you can pick the date you go – and book a day earlier than other readers.
Or, get your tickets by collecting TEN printed tokens and booking using the form found in yesterday’s paper and online, but only Sun Savers will get to choose the date they go.
- Subject to availability. Multiple code collect. Sun Savers £2 booking fee applies. T&Cs apply, see thesun.co.uk/superdays.
Fancy a free fiver?
YOU can get FREE cash with super Sun Savers just for buying your favourite paper.
Our brilliant new rewards club will pay back our most loyal readers.
Just pick up the paper each day to collect your Sun Savers codes and we will GIVE YOU £5 when you have collected 28.
This isn’t a one-off and there is no limit to how much cash you can save.
For every 28 codes you enter, we will give you a fiver. So over the course of a year, that could add up to £65.
We are keeping it super-simple. You don’t have to enter codes from consecutive days, so don’t worry if you forget a day or two.
Download our easy Sun Savers app and quickly scan your code using your smartphone. Or go online and enter your code at sunsavers.co.uk.
To get you on your way, join today and we will put a bonus £1 in your Sun Savers wallet tomorrow. And the good news doesn’t stop with free cash.
With Sun Savers, we give you the best hacks, deals and tips to save money every single day.
TO JOIN: Don’t worry, folks — joining takes just 30 seconds, in three steps.