Juventus 'to step up Paul Pogba pursuit' with formal offer for Man Utd star


Juventus are looking to rival Real Madrid for the signature of Manchester United star Paul Pogba and are reportedly in the process in tabling an opening offer of £125million.

Pogba was re-signed by United in the summer of 2016 from Juventus for a then world record transfer fee of £89million but has cast doubt over his future in England after revealing he is considering “a new challenge”.

The French World Cup winner had spent four years with the Italian club after being sold to them by United for £1.5m in 2012, and Juve are keen on bringing him back to Italy this summer.

Speculation on a possible move to Real Madrid or a return to his former club has been mounting since a season in which Pogba faced criticism at times for his performances with United.

Paul Pogba looks certain to leave Manchester United this summer

Mirror Football exclusively revealed last week that the Red Devils are ready to dig their heels in and hold out for at least £150million for Pogba this summer.

And, according to Goal , Juve have now stepped up their pursuit with the club’s sporting director Fabio Paratici recently meeting with United officials in England to discuss a potential deal.

It is claimed that Juve’s opening offer is expected to be in the region of €130 million to €140m (£116m/$145m to £125m/$157m).

This latest development comes after reports claimed Real Madrid are refusing to budge on their valuation of No.1 transfer target Pogba.

Over the weekend, the 26-year-old told reporters in Tokyo while attending an event held by sponsors Adidas that it could be time to leave Old Trafford.

READ  Arsenal stars Ozil and Kolasinac ‘fine’ after attempted carjacking attack in London

Juventus FC head coach Massimiliano Allegri and Paul Pogba celebrate with the trophy after winning the TIM Cup final match against SS Lazio at Olimpico Stadium on May 20, 2015 in Rome, Italy.
Pogba pictured during his Juventus days

That has led to the Spanish giants tabling their opening offer of £90million but United are in no mood to consider an offer which is much less than their valuation, according to The Sun .

Madrid and Juve have both made moves to prise Pogba away from the Premier League following the midfielder’s controversial comments over the weekend.

“Like you said, there is a lot of talking and a lot of thinking as well,” the France midfielder said.

“For me I have been for three years in Manchester and have been doing great; some good moments and some bad moments, like everybody. Like everywhere else.

“After everything that happened this season, with my season being my best season as well… I think for me it could be a good time to have a new challenge somewhere else.

“I am thinking of this: to have a new challenge somewhere else.”

Read More

Mirror Football’s Top Stories





READ SOURCE

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here