sports

Juventus director claims lack of Man Utd discount is preventing Anthony Martial transfer


Manchester Untied wantaway Anthony Martial looks unlikely to join Italian giants Juventus on loan in the January transfer window after the Red Devils’ demands proved too much for the Italian giants

Video Loading

Video Unavailable

“Martial didn’t want to be selected”, says Rangnick

Manchester United ‘s unwillingness to give Juventus a discount on Anthony Martial has blocked a loan move to Turin for the want-away striker.

Martial is desperate to leave Old Trafford in January but the 26-year-old has been unable to find a new suitor due to the Red Devils demanding any club pay a fee and cover his full salary until the end of the season.

After United rejected Sevilla ‘s offer earlier this month, Juventus have now become the latest team to be knocked back, having contacted Martial regarding a transfer.

Bianconeri director Maurizio Arrivabene has revealed: “With the current conditions, it’s not a feasible deal for us.

“Considering certain numbers, there are no advanced talks – we don’t expect any discount from Man United.”

Join the debate! Which team should sign Martial? Let us know your pick below.







Martial wants to leave Man Utd but Juventus’ offer has been knocked back
(

Image:

Getty Images)

Red Devils interim manager Ralf Rangnick recently found himself in hot water with Martial after claiming the France international refused to be the matchday squad for Saturday’s 2-2 draw with Aston Villa.

The United forward responded on social media that night by posting on his Instagram Story: “I will never refuse to play a match for Man United.

“I’ve been here for 7 years and I never disrespected and never will disrespect the club and the Fans.”

Rangnick has held talks with Martial, who could make his first appearance under the acclaimed German coach at Brentford on Wednesday, to clear the air and told reporters that “the matter is now resolved.”

“I’m here now for six weeks and all the things that need to be said I said after, in the press conference,” the 63-year-old explained on Tuesday.

“I had a conversation with him on Sunday, and also a conversation about what happened and how I saw the whole situation. The matter is now resolved. He didn’t train yesterday and the day before yesterday.

“He will probably train today, and after training I will then take the decision if he is nominated or not. Let’s see what will happen.”

In December, Rangnick affirmed that the ex- Monaco star would only leave on the Red Devils’ terms, with the temporary United bossing revealing he had sat down with Martial after his agent confirmed his desire to leave.

“We spoke at length. He explained to me he’s been at Manchester United now for the last seven years and he feels it’s the right time for a change, to go somewhere else,” Rangnick said.






Rangnick says Martial will only leave on Man Utd’s terms

“I think in a way this is understandable, I could follow his thoughts, but on the other hand, it’s also important to see the situation of the club.

“We have Covid times, we have three competitions in which we still have high ambitions and we want to be as successful as we can be.

“I told him, ‘listen, as long as there is no club showing interest in him [he will stay]’, and it should not only be in the interest of the player it should also be in the interest of the club.

“As far as I know, there has been no offer from any other club and, as long as this is the case, he will stay.”

Read More

Read More





READ SOURCE

Leave a Reply

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you accept our use of cookies.  Learn more