LIDL shoppers will need to check the festive opening times ahead of 2020 finally coming to a close.
Normal opening times are 8am to 10pm Monday to Saturday or 10am to 4pm on Sundays.
But the hours that supermarkets open and close over the holiday period will be different from the opening times shoppers are familiar with.
There may also be variations between banches, so check your nearest store times using Lidl’s locator tool.
What is Lidl’s opening hours over New Year?
Lidl stores inside the M25 will be open from 8am to 8pm and until 6pm outside the M25 on New Year’s Eve.
Stores in Scotland and Wales will be open at 8am on December 31.
They will close at 7pm in Scotland and 6pm in Wales.
Lidl stores reopen only within the M25 on New Year’s Day at 10am and close at 7pm.
They are closed elsewhere.
All Lidl stores will reopen on Saturday January 2 2021.
How to cut the cost of your grocery shop
MONEY.CO.UK has shared some top tips with us to help you keep your supermarket spend down to a minimum.
- Write yourself a list – Only buy items that you need. If it isn’t on your list, don’t put it in the trolley
- Create a budget – Work out a weekly budget for your food shopping
- Never shop hungry – You are far more likely to buy more food if your tummy is rumbling
- Don’t buy pre-chopped veggies or fruit – The extra they’ll charge for chopping can be eye watering
- Use social media – Follow your favourite retailers to find out about the latest deals
- Be disloyal – You may want to go to different stores to find the best bargains
- Check the small print – It’s always worth checking the price per kg/lb/litre when comparing offers so you’re making a like for like decision as a bigger box won’t necessarily mean you get more
- Use your loyalty cards – Don’t be afraid to sign up to them all. They all work slightly differently – work out what bonus suits you better and remember to trade in your points for additional rewards
What were Lidl’s opening hours on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day?
Lidl was open from 7am to 7pm on Christmas Eve inside the M25 and until 6pm outside and in Scotland and Wales.
The supermarket closed all its stores on Christmas day.
What were Lidl’s opening times on Boxing Day?
Lidl stores were open on Boxing Day between 10am and 7pm for stores inside the M25.
They remained closed outside the M25 and in Wales but reopened in Scotland between 11am and 5pm.
Stores are running normal trading hours between December 27 and December 30.
See how Lidl fared when we compared supermarket mince pies.
Find out the latest supermarket Christmas shopping rules.
Plus, Tesco and Asda have been accused of charging customers 10% more than Lidl and Aldi for nearly identical Christmas food under different labels.