Iron deficiency: The signs on your skin, hands and feet which sometimes go unnoticed

The NHS says you should see a GP if you have symptoms of iron deficiency anaemia, and a simple blood test will confirm if you have iron deficiency anaemia.

It states: “The GP will usually order a full blood count (FBC) test. This will find out if the number of red blood cells you have (your red blood cell count) is normal.

“You do not need to do anything to prepare for this test. Iron deficiency anaemia is the most common type of anaemia.

“There are other types, like vitamin B12 and folate anaemia, that the blood test will also check for.”


This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you accept our use of cookies.  Learn more