asia

Introducing: Asia's Choice – 2020 Fan Awards



Kuala Lumpur: As we enter 2021, the time has come for Asia’s football fans to make their voices heard, by deciding the outstanding players of 2020.

It was a footballing year like no other, but despite the challenges presented by the COVID-19 pandemic, Asia’s stars – rising and established – still delivered exceptional performances worthy of wider recognition.

For that reason, the-AFC.com invites you to cast your vote in Asia’s Choice – 2020 Fan Awards, with voting to be held across four categories, with 60 percent of the votes to be supplied by the direct participation of fans on the-AFC.com, and the winners to be revealed on January 24.

The Asia’s Choice – 2020 Fan Awards are not intended to act as a replacement for the official AFC Annual Awards, but to serve as an opportunity for Asian football’s loyal fans to lend their voice to determining the continent’s best.

The categories

Asia’s Choice – Best Young Player in 2020

Which rising star shone brightest in 2020? Taking into account performances in all competitions during 2020, we invite you to decide the best Asian men’s footballer aged 23 or under over the past year.

Asia’s Choice – Best Women’s Player in 2020

Who was Asia’s standout women’s player in 2020? Including both Asian-based stars and those plying their trade at clubs outside the continent, we invite you to choose your standout AFC women’s footballer over the last 12 months.

Asia’s Choice – Best AFC Champions League Player in 2020

Asia’s biggest club competition was completed in fine style with numerous outstanding individuals on show, but who did the fans consider the best of them all? Unlike the other awards, this category is also open to non-Asian players

READ  Cosmopack and Cosmoprof Asia 2020 will be held under one roof

Asia’s Choice – Best AFC International Player in 2020

Which Asian men’s player was the best of 2020 on the global stage? In this category we invite you to determine the top player, based on performances for a club not based in an AFC Member Association.



2020 AFC Champions League – Final: Review

The voting method

The votes of fans will account for 60 percent of the total voting poll, with the remaining 40 percent to be contributed by a panel of independent Asian football experts.

Each category will come with an extensive shortlist, with fans and experts invited to make their selections.

Unlike most polls on the-AFC.com, the results of Asia’s Choice – 2020 Award winners, will be kept secret until January 24, with all winners to be revealed on the same day.



#AFCU23 – Thailand 2020 Highlights

Key dates

Shortlist announcement and voting opening dates (by category)

Best Young Player in 2020 – Wednesday, January 6
Best Women’s Player in 2020 – Sunday, January 10
Best AFC Champions League Player in 2020 – Wednesday, January 14
Best AFC International Player in 2020 – Sunday, January 17
Asia’s Choice – 2020 Fan Awards: Winners revealed – Sunday, January 24



READ SOURCE

Leave a Reply

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you accept our use of cookies.  Learn more