world

Incredible moment mum rescues her four children from burning building by DROPPING them from third floor window


THIS is the shocking moment a mum saves her four children from certain death by throwing them from the third floor of a burning building.

Quick-thinking locals stretched out a blanket as a makeshift safety net to catch the kids as they plummeted from a window of a five-storey apartment block in Istanbul, Turkey.

The mum dropped her kids one-by-one from the burning flat

4

The mum dropped her kids one-by-one from the burning flatCredit: Daily Sabah
Amazingly the family escaped without serious injury

4

Amazingly the family escaped without serious injuryCredit: Daily Sabah

In a startling video filmed from the street below, the mother is seen dropping each child from the window as a cloud of black smoke pours through the opening.

Bystanders are heard screaming in terror with some pleading with her not to drop the youngsters from the flat, which was above a parade of shops.

One clearly distressed woman is heard crying as the terrifying drama unfolded in the Esenler district, on the city’s bustling European side.

Each child was carried to an ambulance after they landed on the blanket below, reported the Daily Sabah.

Locals used a blanket to catch the kids as they fell

4

Locals used a blanket to catch the kids as they fellCredit: Fox News
The blaze is thought to have started in an electrical panel

4

The blaze is thought to have started in an electrical panelCredit: Daily Sabah

One witness told the newspaper: “First, black smoke started to come out. Then, the children started shouting from the windows and we opened the blankets.

“A woman threw the children down from above, so we caught four kids with blankets.”

The mother was taken to hospital as a precaution but amazingly all five members of the family escaped without serious injury, according to local news reports.

Two other children and two adults were also rescued from the burning building.

The blaze is thought to have started in an electrical panel, and it was later extinguished by firefighters.

 





READ SOURCE

Leave a Reply

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you accept our use of cookies.  Learn more