jobs

I’m a lash technician, my client wants to sue after she went blind, the glue melted to her contacts but I’m NOT to blame


A LASH TECHNICIAN is speaking out after a client threatened to sue her after being left blind after her treatment.

Ava, who runs her own lash company has sparked a debate online as to who is to blame after citing her defense.

The lash technician said she had a risk form telling clients to take out contacts before the treatment

2

The lash technician said she had a risk form telling clients to take out contacts before the treatmentCredit: Tiktok

Sharing the story on her TikTok account, she claimed her client did not inform her she was wearing contacts before the treatment took place.

The beauty technician warned that wearing contacts while getting a lash treatment was a ‘safety hazard’ as the fumes from the adhesive can lead to chemical burns if it touches the contact lense.

In a viral video, Ava said: “My client didn’t tell me she had contacts in so the adhesive melted in her eye.

“This is your sign to have insurance and intake forms,” she warned other technicians.

My microblading was so bad that people are donating money to help fix it
I’m a professional waxer and I’ve had customers do some GROSS things

In another video, Ava claimed that she didn’t get glue in her client’s eye – her client opened her eyes midway through which exposed the lense to the adhesive fumes.

The fiasco has completely overtaken Ava’s TikTok account and many have said she should have asked her client whether she had contacts in before beginning the treatment.

However, Ava shared a risk form she sends to all of her clients and gets them to sign before doing a procedure.

And she notes it clearly states that clients must not wear contact lenses during the treatment.

She also shared a video made by another lash company warning of the dangers of wearing contact lenses during the treatment.

“Wearing contact lenses to your lash appointment is a huge health and safety risk,” the technician in the video begins.

“In more severe cases, a chemical burn can lead to the contact lens melting and burning onto your eyeball.

“Obviously this can be extremely painful and irritating to your eye. In more severe cases it can also affect your vision,” they add.

The beauty technician explained this can even lead to “permanent” vision impairment.

Manh viewers who have kept up with the story have shared their opinions on the ordeal – and they all seem to vary.

One person said the risk form wasn’t enough, adding: “It’s not entirely your fault [because you] put them on the forms, but you should’ve verbally asked her about them before you start working because contacts are so common.”

Mum turns boring MDF into epic kids bunk beds - but trolls weigh in
I’m a makeup artist - mistakes that make you look OLD & the techniques to avoid

Others thought it was common sense to take them out, one wrote: “My lash tech has it on her website. I think it would be common sense not to have them in.”

“I mean I thought that was common sense to remove them prior,” another viewer added.

The adhesive used in lash extensions can cause contact lenses to melt and damage the eye

2

The adhesive used in lash extensions can cause contact lenses to melt and damage the eyeCredit: Tiktok





READ SOURCE

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you accept our use of cookies.  Learn more