LOVERS of the Harry Potter books can listen to the much-adored novels for just 99p this Christmas thanks to an early Black Friday deal from Audible.
The audiobook subscription service, which is owned by Amazon, offers customers a free 30-day trial year-round, but ahead of Black Friday has also introduced a new deal that enables customers to get three months of the service for less than £1.
* We may earn revenue if you click the links below and buy the products but we never let this affect our recommendations. Remember to shop around on Black Friday to make sure you’re getting the best price.
That gives customers plenty of time to work their way through the series – after all, the novels total more than a million words between them.
Unfortunately, the deal only allows customers to listen to one free title per month, meaning it’s not possible to listen to all seven books for free over the course of the trial.
However, it allows plenty of time for children to discover the books for the very first time, or for adults to indulge in some festive nostalgia and rediscover the stories as they drive home for Christmas.
Top 10 Best Black Friday Deals Right Now
We’ve had a hunt around the web, and these are the best deals we’ve found today (November 21):
- Shark Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, £189 (save £160) – buy here
- Simba Mattress, up to 50% off – buy here
- 3 months of Audible for 99p – buy here
- Emma Mattress, save up to 60% off with code “SUN” – buy here
- Charlotte Tilbury kits, 30% off – buy here
- Apple Airpods (2nd Gen), £99 (lowest price ever) – buy here
- iPhone 12 Mini contract with FREE AirPods – buy here
- M100 Fibre Broadband, £25p/m from Virgin – buy here
- Gymshark, up to 70% off – buy here
- Fire TV Stick 4k, £24.99 (save £25) – buy here
*We may earn revenue if you click the links above and buy the products but we never let this affect our recommendations. Remember to shop around on Black Friday to make sure you’re getting the best price
And as a bonus, all seven books are narrated by much-loved actor, comedian and author Steven Fry.
After the three-month offer ends, Audible costs £7.99 per month. However, even if you choose to end your subscription after the trial has ended, the service allows you to keep the books you have already received, potentially saving you more than £50 – the first three audiobooks cost £17.99 each without an Audible subscription.
Included in the £7.99 monthly cost is a credit that can be used to purchase any title available on Audible. This can be used to purchase the final four Harry Potter books, which retail for £32.99 each without a subscription.
More Amazing Black Friday Deals
The subscription also earns access to the Audible Plus catalogue, which includes exclusive readings of classic festive titles by celebrities: there are two separate readings of Charles Dickens’ iconic tale A Christmas Carol, one by Paddington 2 star Hugh Grant, and the other by actors including Sir Derek Jacobi and Miriam Margoyles.
There’s also plenty of festive cheer for children: Steven Fry has returned to Audible to Narrate Matt Haig’s A Boy Called Christmas and Carey Mulligan has narrated The Girl Who Saved Christmas, also written by Haig.
The Harry Potter series was introduced to the Audible platform in November 2015, and by March 2016 the company reported that sales had surpassed one million copies.