THIS is the moment a fruit seller was caught spray painting green grapes red just days after a British tourist fell sick eating his wares.
Layla Khan, 23, filmed the dodgy vendor in the village of Afzalpur, Pakistan, after her aunt ate his grapes and contracted diarrhea.
She was shocked to find the merchant crouched behind a stall using a can of Win spray paint to dye the fruit.
The middle-aged man smirked when he noticed the camera, before placing the grapes in a pile of painted fruit on the ground.
The seller, who had red paint on his hands, did not react when questioned in the video by Layla, a carer from Birmingham.
She said: “Tourists need to keep their eyes open and be very careful in street markets like this.
“You can easily be exploited and it is very dangerous for your health. This man does not care that he is feeding people poison and it left my aunt very ill.
“When we confronted him he said ‘Everyone is doing it’ – and smirked. I saw many British people walking around – it’s a spot that is popular with tourists and a busy area.
“My aunt had fallen ill for two days with diarrhea and sickness but had only eaten grapes from a man on the street.
“My cousin and I were shopping and we decided to visit – there were street vendors selling all sorts of food like kebabs, samosas, fruit and coconuts.
“Tourists need to open their eyes and see what they are buying – you’d have to be blind to miss him spraying them in the street.
“Go to a supermarket to buy food to be safe – the grapes cost more but it’s worth it.”
Layla said she reported the incident to the local police force who have been approached for comment.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 782 4368. You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.