Get Ready for Brexit website: Government tells Britons what they need to do NOW

Prime Minister Boris Johnson has vowed to leave the European Union on October 31. In preparation for Brexit, the Government has made a website aimed at helping businesses and organisations as well as individuals and families to get ready for life post-Brexit. Here’s how it works.

The Get ready for Brexit website can be found HERE.

Businesses, self-employed and organisations are urged to explore the website if they trade any good or services with the EU.

For example, you need to take action if you:

  • Export goods to the EU
  • Import goods from the EU
  • Transport goods by road
  • Export animals or animal products

You’ll need to answer seven simple questions to get guidance relevant to your business or organisation.

READ MORE: Brexit news: Rees-Mogg delivers brutal reply to ‘Remainer’ doctor

The questions are:

  • What does your business or organisation do?
  • Does your business do any of the following activities?
  • Do you employ anyone from another European country?
  • Do you exchange personal data with another organisation in Europe?
  • Do you use or rely on intellectual property (IP) protection?
  • Do you get EU or UK government funding?
  • Do you sell your products or services to the public sector?

Use THIS link to find out what your business needs to do to prepare for Brexit.

READ MORE: BBC news: BBC’s Laura Kuenssberg reveals Boris Johnson’s election plan

For individuals and families, there are several guidances depending on what answer you are after.

One guidance looks into visiting the EU after Brexit, and the website urges you to:

  • Check your passport
  • Get travel insurance to make sure you are covered for healthcare
  • Make sure you have the right driving documents
  • Get a health certificate for your pet, as UK pet passports will no longer be valid in the EU (contact your vet at least 4 months before you travel)
READ  May warned she could be forced out if she pursues rejected Brexit deal

Read more about what you need to check if you want to visit the EU after Brexit HERE.

A second guidance provides information for UK nationals living in the EU.

For example, you’ll need to:

  • Register or apply for residency
  • Check if you are covered for healthcare and register if necessary
  • Exchange your UK driving licence for a licence issued by the EU country where you live
  • Check your passport

Check what you need to if you are a UK citizen living in the EU HERE.

The third guidance for families and individuals are for EU citizens living in the UK.

For example, you should check if you need to apply to the settlement scheme if you or your family are from the EU, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland.

This can be done by answering questions HERE.



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here