The symptoms of cirrhosis:
- Generally feeling unwell and tired all the time
- Loss of appetite
- Loss of weight and muscle wasting
- Feeling sick (nausea) and vomiting
- Tenderness/pain in the liver area
- Spider-like small blood capillaries on the skin above waist level (spider angiomas)
- Blotchy red palms
- Disturbed sleep patterns
Left to progress further, the liver will begin to malfunction, which can lead to an array of symptoms.
Some indications include shortness of breath, vomiting blood, hair loss and trembling hands.
“Nine in 10 liver disease cases can be prevented,” said the British Liver Trust.