Coleen Rooney and Rebekah Vardy court showdown to 'begin within weeks'


Coleen Rooney and Rebekah Vardy’s legal showdown is now just weeks away with the first High Court hearing taking place later this month, it has been reported.

Lawyers for the pair are preparing to take part in a so-called ‘meanings hearing.’

It means Coleen, who has earned the nickname Wagatha Christie over the saga, will have to explain what she meant in that explosive Instagram post from October 2019 where she accused Becky of leaking stories about her to the press.

The wife of former England star Wayne Rooney is expected to argue that she had ‘reasonable grounds’ to suspect that former pal Becky was behind the fake stories making their way to the Sun newspaper.

Coleen Rooney caused a storm last October when accused Rebekah Vardy of leaking stories about her – allegations her rival denies

While Becky, 38, who strenuously denies being the mole, will outline how she intends to prove her libel claim.

According to The Sun, the first hearing will take place on November 19 and is expected to last half a day.

It’s expected that neither Coleen or Becky will attend.

While the full trial is anticipated to start in 2021.

The celebrity world is waiting for Becky, 38, and Coleen, 34, to go head-to-head in one of the most nail-biting courtroom showdowns of all time

Rebekah previously said that she and Coleen had tried to ‘sort things out amicably and it just didn’t work.’

After Coleen’s initial accusatory social media post, Rebekah responded with her own message where she protested her innocence and asked her former friend why she hadn’t approached her with the accusations privately.

READ  Prince Harry and Meghan Markle drop 'Sussex Royal' name after 'Queen steps in'

“If you thought this was happening you could have told me and I could have changed my passwords to see if it stopped,” said Becky.

“Over the years various people have had access to my Insta & just this week I found I was following people I didn’t know and have never followed myself,” she explained.

Rebekah said the fallout was made worse as she was pregnant at the time

The mum added that she was ‘so upset’ over the furore that kicked off while she was pregnant with her fifth child.

“I’m disgusted that I’m even having to deny this. You should have called me the first time this happened,” she told Coleen.

As well as the looming court case, Rebekah is also gearing up to face another gruelling reality TV show as she takes part in the next series of Dancing On Ice.

Explaining her reason for signing up to the show, she said: “I just think I want everyone to laugh at me really.”

Rebekah previously starred in 2018’s I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here! where she was the third campmate to be eliminated.





READ SOURCE

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here