Bruno Fernandes will be in Sporting Lisbon’s squad to face Braga on Tuesday despite his ‘desperation’ to join Manchester United .
Midfielder Fernandes has become the centre of the biggest transfer saga of January with a mutual fondness between him and the Red Devils.
But Fernandes’ current club Sporting have stalled talks with United – with the two clubs a fair distance apart in terms of a transfer fee.
Those conversations are expected to restart this week.
The Portuguese giants have placed a £70million asking price on their prized possession, but United have only lodged a bid as high as £50m and consider the valuation as unrealistic and inflated.
United apparently want to spend no more than £42.5m up front, with add-ons that could see the deal rise as high as £68m.
But Sporting are believed to want a minimum £55.3m now, and aren’t happy that the various add-ons are largely unrealistic.
To make the situation more difficult for Sporting, Fernandes has reportedly told them that he is ‘desperate’ to depart this month.
The 25-year-old was ‘angry’ that United’s bid was rejected last week
While the impasse between the outfits continue, Fernandes will carry on playing for his current side.
As such, he will be available to play for Sporting in their Taca da Liga semi-final clash with Braga, having played the full 90 minutes of the 2-0 defeat to Benfica on Friday night.
Sporting president Frederico Varandas is reported to have explained the current situation with the Red Devils to Fernandes.
He informed the Portugal international that the club will not be accepting an offer that is below their valuation.
Fernandes is said to have responded angrily to the phone call, reminding the club president that he stayed loyal in the summer and should now be allowed to leave.