Boozy student rescued by firefighters after getting stuck inside a tumble dryer on a dare


To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web
browser that
supports HTML5
video

Student Rosie Cole was having a few drinks with her housemates when she was dared to get inside a tumble dryer in their shared accommodation.

Boldened by tequila shots, the 21-year-old decided to go for it, saying there was no chance she’d fit.

After wiggling her way in, Rosie managed to get stuck inside the machine and her flatmates had to call emergency services.

The commotion lasted roughly 20 minutes and it took three firefighters to successfully rescue the befuddled student.

Rosie, who’s at the University of Hull, East Yorkshire, joked that as firefighters saved cats in trees, they’d save students in tumble dryers.

She said: ‘I, thinking there was no chance I’d actually fit, decided to try it and to my surprise it seemed easier than I thought.

‘It wasn’t until I wiggled both my hips in and got my legs crossed behind me that I realised I couldn’t get out.

‘I am a bit dramatic so I didn’t think it was that bad at first, and my housemates were making me laugh, but when I realised that I couldn’t uncross my legs and my hips were stuck I got a bit worried.’

The moment you realise you messed up (Picture: Lydia Dunwell / SWNS)

Rosie tried to get out but the dryer would tip forward with each attempt.

She added: ‘My arms were starting to hurt trying to hold myself up, and it was pretty hot inside the dryer.

‘My housemates tried pulling me out, but they couldn’t, so we didn’t know what else to do other than to call the fire service.’

Rosie said the house of six people were given a fire safety brief – but she admitted she’d never done her own washing anyways.

She said: ‘They were lovely and they just laughed at me. When they were leaving they opened the washing machine and asked if anyone else needed saving.

‘They gave us a fire safety brief and asked if we knew what to do if there was a fire.’

How many firefighters does it take to pull out a student from a tumble dryer? (Picture: Lydia Dunwell / SWNS)

Her housemate Lydia Dunwell, 21, was woken up to the sound of sirens blaring when she sprinted downstairs thinking the house was on fire.

The psychology student immediately took to filming the hilarious scenes.

She said: ‘I woke up to blaring sirens and thought our house was on fire.

‘I sprinted downstairs in my pyjamas and then I saw her – she was just stuck in the dryer.

‘I couldn’t believe what I was seeing – it was so ridiculous.’

Victory (Picture: Lydia Dunwell / SWNS)

Lydia said that when her housemates rang emergency services and told them someone was stuck in a dryer, the phone operator assumed it was a small child.

She said: ‘When they rang emergency services and told them someone got stuck in a dryer the person on the phone asked how old they were.

‘It was so embarrassing – they had to tell her it was a grown 21-year-old woman.

‘I was just in stitches. It all unfolded in about 20 minutes, but it’ll be a lifetime of embarrassment I think.

‘I will never stop making fun of her. It’s been the highlight of the year so far.’

Do you have a story you want to share?

Email metrolifestyleteam@metro.co.uk to tell us more.

MORE: How many times can one government let students down?

MORE: Man pranks his pal by sending ‘will you marry me?’ message on a first date





READ SOURCE

READ  Birthstone rings: the alternative engagement trend brides-to-be are loving in 2019

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here