FOR those who love to bag a bargain, the post-Christmas sales are an excellent opportunity to trawl for your haul.
We’ve rounded up our favourite deals from retailers including Amazon, Argos and John Lewis.
Keep in mind that many retailers will start by launching Boxing Day sales that’ll then turn into New Year sales.
For those living in Tier 1, 2 and 3 areas, where non-essential shops are still open, you can still flock to the aisles – like these shoppers did on Boxing Day, when they set their alarms to 4am to rush to stores first.
But if you’re one of the millions of Brits in Tier 4, your shopping experience will be a little different this year.
You won’t be able to hit most shops this year because of coronavirus restrictions, as non-essential retailers have been ordered to stay shut.
How to compare prices to get the best deal
JUST because something is on offer, or is part of a sale, it doesn’t mean it’s always a good deal.
There are plenty of comparison websites out there that’ll check prices for you – so don’t be left paying more than you have to.
Most of them work by comparing the prices across hundreds of retailers.
Here are some that we recommend:
- Google Shopping is a tool that lets users search for and compare prices for products across the web. Simply type in keywords, or a product number, to bring up search results.
- Price Spy logs the history of how much something costs from over 3,000 different retailers, including Argos, Amazon, eBay and the supermarkets. Once you select an individual product you can quickly compare which stores have the best price and which have it in stock.
- Idealo is another website that lets you compare prices between retailers. All shoppers need to do is search for the item they need and the website will rank them from the cheapest to the most expensive one.
- CamelCamelCamel only works on goods being sold on Amazon. To use it, type in the URL of the product you want to check the price of.
If you’re staying at home, or just want to steer clear of the queues, you’ll still be able to grab a bargain online, where many high street shops have slashed their prices.
But before you splash out, make sure you compare prices online – you might be able to find a better deal elsewhere.
And if you’re shopping online, you’ll also need to factor in delivery costs on top of the price of your item.
If you’re wanting to give your home a revamp in time for the new year, then we’ve found some great discounts at retailers including Wilko, Argos and John Lewis.
Wilko Tefal Delight Cookware five-piece set
- Was: £45. Now: £25. Save: £20 (44%) – buy now
Argos Home four-piece bamboo storage set
- Was: £20. Now: £15. Save: £5 (25%) – buy now
John Lewis Nachtmann Noblesse crystal cut glass gin and tonic glasses, 640ml
- Was: £39.94 Now: £19.97 Save: 50% – buy now
You can prepare in advance for the little ones’ birthdays next year by bagging these bargains from retailers including Argos and Tesco.
Tesco Lego Central Airport
- Was: £45. Now: £29. Save: £16 (36%) – buy now
Very unicorn junior pram and bag
- Was: £19.99. Now: £13.99. Save: £6 (30%) – buy now
Mega Muscle radio controlled truck
- Was: £20. Now: £10. Save: £10 (50%) – buy now
M&S and John Lewis are among the high street shop slashing the prices of women’s clothing in the sales this year.
Marks & Spencer per Una wool double breasted pea coat
- Was: £99. Now: £49. Save: £50 (50%) – buy now
John Lewis Dune Madam leather block heel sandals
- Was: £70. Now: £20. Save: £50 (71%) – buy now
V by Very Dobby twist front midi dress
- Was: £50. Now: £12. Save: £38 (76%) – buy now
You can stock up on essential items at a discount in the end of year sales.
Clarks Hero Jump sage combi
- Was: £75. Now: £30. Save: £45 (60%) – buy now
Very Burton London core bomber jacket
- Was: £29. Now: £11.60. Save: £17.40 (60%) – buy now
John Lewis non-iron twill tailored fit shirt
- Was: £40. Now: £20. Save: £20 (50%) – buy now
If you’ve been needing to make a more expensive purchase, price tags for these items could be lower than usual in the sales.
Shark DuoClean Powered Lift-Away True Pet Anti Hair Wrap AZ910UKT
- Was: £369. Now: £199. Save: £170 (46%) – buy now
Amazon Echo Dot
- Was: £49.99. Now: £29.99. Save: £20 (40%) – buy now
John Lewis Lenovo L24i-10 full HD IPS 23.8” HDMI monitor
- Was: £129.99. Now: £99.99. Save: £30 (23%) – buy now
We’ve made a round-up of more Boxing Day sales including at DFS and Boots.
Alternatively, check out our tips on how to make the most of Boxing Day sales from the comfort of your home.
And if you’re about which shops are open in Tier 4 areas, here’s a guide we’ve made for you.