BELGIUM defender Timothy Castagne is OUT of the rest of Euro 2020 after suffering a broken eye socket.
The Leicester ace was involved in a sickening clash of heads with Russia’s Daley Kuzyaev during the Group B clash.
Speaking after his side’s 3-0 win, Belgium boss Roberto Martinez said: “He will probably need surgery, he will be out of the Euros.”
Both players were substituted after the horror collision in St Petersburg.
Castagne was helped off the pitch by Belgium’s medical staff, with a lump already appeared to the side of his head.
Belgium were far too good for Russia, with Romelu Lukaku scoring twice and Castagne’s replacement Thomas Meunier bagging the other.
The shocking incident came on the same night the world of football was left stunned when Denmark’s Christian Eriksen was given CPR after collapsing during his side’s game against Finland.
The game was postponed and then restarted, with Finland winning 1-0.
But the result mattered little after the shocking incident involving former Tottenham star Eriksen.
The 29-year-old is reported to be in a ‘stable’ condition and awake in hospital.
Christian Eriksen latest:
– EURO HORROR Eriksen rushed to hospital in ‘stable condition’ after collapsing on pitch
– PLAY ON Christian Eriksen ‘FaceTimes Denmark team-mates from hospital’ and says play-on
– BEEB FURY BBC apologises after fans slam them for not cutting away after Eriksen collapsed
– ‘PLEASE GOD’ Football world prays for Eriksen after Dane collapses and given CPR on pitch
– UNITED IN CARE Touching moment Finland fans give country’s flags to shield stricken Eriksen
– ‘I LOVE YOU’ Watch Lukaku score for Belgium and dedicate goal to Inter team-mate Eriksen
It’s been reported tonight that Eriksen had a Facetime call with his Denmark team-mates and asked them to play the match as “he feels better now”.
The shocking scenes happened towards the end of the first half of the teams’ opening Group B match.
Eriksen’s agent Martin Schoots told radio station NPO Radio 1 the Danish talisman “breathes and can speak. He is out of danger.”
⚽ Read our Football live blog for the very latest news from around the grounds