DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Asia Pacific Kidney Stones Retrieval Devices Market Forecast to 2027 – COVID-19 Impact and Regional Analysis by Type; Treatment; End User; and Country” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The Asia Pacific kidney stones retrieval devices market is expected to reach US$ 1,017.6million by 2027 from US$ 687.0million in 2019; it is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 5.2% from 2020-2027.
The market growth attributed to the growing prevalence of renal stone disease and technological advancements in the kidney stone retrieval devices. However, the lack of skills needed to perform minimally invasive procedures hampers the market growth.
Kidney stone devices include a wide range of stone retrieval tools such as lithotripter, stone baskets, ureteral stents, ureterorenoscopes, guidewires, and access sheath. These tools are tube-like structure that is attached with a camera to visualize the position of stones inside the ureter, and tools such as lithotripter are used to break down stones into pieces, and stone basket helps hold the stones pieces together. Accessories such as guidewires and access sheaths allow the insertion of stone removal devices into the ureter.
Technological advancements have led to various options for the treatment of renal and urological diseases. The implementation of robotics in surgeries for treating urolithiasis has gained popularity in recent years. Currently, the Vinci Surgical System, provided by Intuitive Surgical Inc., is a widely used robotic system in surgeries performed for treating urolithiasis. Similarly, technological developments in various surgical procedures have enabled the market to further grow. Procedures such as ureterorenoscopy (URS), PCNL, SWL is laparoscopy and robot-assisted interventions have made significant evolution in kidney stone management and retrieval procedures. Since the past 20 years, the adoption of endourological interventions to treat kidney stones has increased significantly across Asia Pacific.
The robotic anatrophic nephrolithotomy (RANL) technique was devised to remove staghorn calculi – large kidney stones with sharp, craggy branches – which can cause disease; they may sometimes casuse death, if left untreated. According to a study aligned to be published in the Journal of Endourology, researchers at Henry Ford’s Vattikuti Urology Institute and Muljibhai Patel Urological Hospital (MPUH) in Gujarat, India, described their new technique as “a safe, minimally invasive option that may be considered in patients with staghorn stones.” Minimally invasive procedures, performed through minute incisions in the skin, there are associated with challenges regarding the removal of all of the stones during a single operation.
At times multiple operations spaced over weeks or months may be needed to remove all of the stone from the kidney. Icing the kidney can protect it from deterioration and provide a longer surgical window during blood flow stoppage, called ischemia. Earlier, Henry Ford’s research led to a cooling method – Intracorporeal Cooling and Extraction (ICE) – to protect kidneys during minimally invasive robotic surgery. The procedure was used to robotically remove the diseased portion of a cancerous kidney in several patients. Thus, technological advancements in the kidney stone retrieval devices market are driving the market growth.
Reasons to Buy
- Save and reduce time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the growth, size, leading players, and segments in the Asia Pacific kidney stones retrieval devices market.
- Highlights key business priorities in order to assist companies to realign their business strategies.
- The key findings and recommendations highlight crucial progressive industry trends in the Asia Pacific kidney stones retrieval devices market, thereby allowing players across the value chain to develop effective long-term strategies.
- Develop/modify business expansion plans by using substantial growth, offering developed and emerging markets.
- Scrutinize in-depth market trends and outlook coupled with the factors driving the market, as well as those hindering it.
- Enhance the decision-making process by understanding the strategies that underpin security interest with respect to client products, segmentation, pricing, and distribution.
- Growing Prevalence of Renal Stone Disease in the Population
- Technological Advancements in the Kidney Stone Retrieval Devices Market
- Lack of Skill Needed to Perform Minimally Invasive Procedures
- A rise in Medical Tourism across the Asia Pacific
- Increased Number of Market Players in the Kidney Stone Retrieval Devices Market
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Cook Medical LLC
- Olympus Corporation
- Coloplast Group
- Richard Wolf GmbH.
- Dornier MedTech
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/a5jwfz