ANTI-coup protesters run round a burning barricade as demos continued to rage in Myanmar yesterday.
Troops opened fire at the funeral near Yangon of one of 114 killed on Saturday.
More than 400 have died since the Army’s coup last month, sparking global fury.
Grieving family and friends scattered in panic as shots rang out near the funeral cortege in the town of Bago, near capital, Yangon.
The latest outrage came as victims of Saturday’s massacre – which “horrified” western leaders – began burying their dead after the worst bloodshed since generals grabbed power last month.
Security forces were said to have opened up with volleys of live round as desperate protesters tried to defend themselves with home-made bows and arrows.
A female mourner called called Aye, who was at the service for Thae Maung Maung – a 20-year-old student shot on Saturday – said: “Security forces just arrived and shot at us while we were singing the revolution song for him.”
Two more deaths of protesters were reported on Sunday in separate incidents elsewhere as it was revealed at least six children aged 10 to 16 were among those killed on Saturday.
Other reports said a five-year-old boy fighting for his life after being shot in the head in Mandalay.
The crackdown sparked worldwide fury, with Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab describing the killing of the protesters as “a new low”.
More than 400 people have been killed since the military seized control of the South-East Asian country after a landslide election victory by pro-democracy icon Aung San Suu Kyi.
Britain’s ambassador Dan Chugg said the security forces had “disgraced themselves” and his US counterpart Thomas Vajda added: “This bloodshed is horrifying”
“Myanmar’s people do not want to live under military rule.”
GOT a story? RING The Sun on 0207 782 4104 or WHATSAPP on 07423720250 or EMAIL email@example.com