sports

Anthony Joshua and Dillian Whyte name price to allow Tyson Fury vs Oleksandr Usyk


Fury’s promoter Bob Arum said they have received an offer from the Middle East to host an undisputed clash with Usyk, but Joshua and Whyte will need to allow the fight

Video Loading

Video Unavailable

Tyson Fury teases ‘some big news coming’

Anthony Joshua and Dillian Whyte have named their step-aside price to allow an undisputed heavyweight title fight between Tyson Fury and Oleksandr Usyk.

Joshua is preparing to rematch Usyk after losing his belts to the Ukrainian last year, whilst Fury is expected to defend his WBC world title against mandatory challenger Dillian Whyte next.

But Fury’s promoter Bob Arum has revealed those plans could soon change after the Middle East has offered to host the undisputed title fight.

According to a report by the Daily Star , Joshua is demanding £15million to pass up on his rematch with Usyk whilst Whyte wants £5million to allow the undisputed clash.

Both Joshua and Whyte could demand a shot at the winner of the undisputed clash, which could cause problems in their step-aside deals.







Anthony Joshua is set to rematch Oleksandr Usyk this spring
(

Image:

Mark Robinson Matchroom Boxing)

Joshua’s promoter Eddie Hearn said whilst they are still working on an Usyk rematch, a considerable step-aside fee would make them consider stepping aside.

“We are all still moving toward Joshua vs Usyk and Fury vs Whyte but there are still people who would like to see Fury vs Usyk for the undisputed and would be willing to pay a lot of money for it,” Hearn told Boxing Social.

“If there is a lot of money in the pot and there can be a plan put in place to make all the fighters happy then there is a chance it can happen, but the problem is time.”

Fury was linked to a fight with Usyk before Whyte was called as his mandatory challenger, but their domestic clash has been delayed because of Whyte’s ongoing arbitration with the WBC.

Whyte has challenged the 20% split he was set to receive for the world title fight, but Arum has urged ‘The Bodysnatcher’ to “stop messing around”.

Should Anthony Joshua and Dillian Whyte step aside? Let us know in the comments section below

Purse bids for Fury’s fight with interim titleholder Whyte have been pushed back twice and will now take place this Friday.

And Hearn continued: “Talks were ongoing for Fury to fight Usyk and AJ to fight the winner but then Dillian Whyte got called as mandatory and had to come into the talks, which made it a lot harder and everyone gave up.

“The plan now is AJ vs Usyk and Fury vs Whyte but those other talks do still rumble on, if I had to bet on the next fights that take place, it would be the two scheduled fights taking place.

“But there is a strong desire to find a way to have an undisputed fight with AJ fighting the winner – and without Dillian I think this would have happened.”

Read More

Read More





READ SOURCE

Leave a Reply

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you accept our use of cookies.  Learn more