Ant McPartlin back behind the wheel after 15 month road ban for drink driving


Ant was given a 15 month driving ban (Picture: Chris J Ratcliffe/Getty Images,)

Ant McPartlin is back behind the wheel after a 15 month ban for drink-driving.

The 43-year-old was handed a 20 month ban by magistrates last year, along with an £86,000 fine, after he crashed his Mini while more than twice the legal limit in London on 18 March 2018.

However, the ban was reduced to 15 months after Ant completed a drink-driving referral course – and now, the presenter is back on the roads.

In pictures obtained by Mail Online, the Geordie star was seen pulling out of his driveway behind the wheel of a Range Rover, with girlfriend Anne-Marie Corbett in the passenger seat.

His new driving licence was reportedly issued this week.

Ant returned to TV this year (Picture: Dymond/Thames/Syco/REX)

Last March, the star – best known as half of Ant and Dec – was driving around a sharp bend when he lost control of his car and collided with another Mini Cooper before driving into the path of an oncoming car.

A four-year-old girl was taken to hospital following the incident, in which Ant was found to have 75mg of alcohol per 100ml of breath – far over the legal limit of 35mg.

The driver of the other Mini said in a statement: ‘Myself and my family were in deep shock as we believed we could have died as a result of Mr McPartlin’s reckless driving.’

Following his ban and fine, Ant said outside Wimbledon Magistrates Court: ‘I just want to say I’m truly sorry for what happened. Higher standards are expected of me, I expect them of myself. I let myself down, I let a lot of people down, and for that I’m truly sorry.

‘I would like to apologise to everyone involved in the crash and I’m just thankful nobody was seriously hurt.’

Ant and Dec Donnelly considered ending their professional partnership following the crash, with Dec calling drink-driving ‘indefensible’.

He told The Guardian: ‘How could he do that? I wanted to punch him and hug him at the same time – and I didn’t know which one I wanted to do first.’

Ant has moved on with Anne-Marie Corbett (Picture: James Veysey/REX )

After Ant pleaded guilty to drink driving, he dropped out of presenting I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!, being replaced by Holly Willoughby for the 2018 series.

Dec presented two episodes of Saturday Night Takeaway alone, as well as hosting the Britain’s Got Talent live finals solo.

However, Ant made his return to BGT this year, and will be back in the jungle in November – with ITV splashing out on an expensive promo to celebrate his return.



Got a showbiz story?

If you’ve got a story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk Entertainment team by emailing us celebtips@metro.co.uk, calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.

MORE: Sophie Turner and Joe Jonas are already missing that blissful honeymoon life and we don’t blame them

MORE: Peaky Blinders star Karl Shiels laid to rest at Dublin funeral after sudden death as Fair City pays tribute





READ SOURCE

READ  Watch Kim and Khloe Kardashian Call Out Kourtney for Her "Bitchy" Attitude: "What the F--k Is Wrong With You?!"

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here