BREAKING NEWS: Shipments of 15 MILLION doses of Johnson & Johnson’s one dose Covid vaccine will be halted after ingredient mix-up at Baltimore plant
- Workers at an Emergent BioSolutions plant swapped two ingredients in Johnson & Johnson’s one-dose vaccine
- The mix-up happened about two weeks ago but does not affect shipments that went out this week
- About 15 million doses due to ship next month were ruined by the ‘human error’
- All of next months J&J doses were set to come from the Baltimore plant and will be halted indefinitely during an FDA investigation
- White House officials say there will still be enough Covid vaccine doses to inoculate all American adults by May
Some 15 million doses of Johnson & Johnson‘s one-shot coronavirus vaccine have been ruined after employees at a Baltimore manufacturing plant accidentally swapped two ingredients, the New York Times reported Wednesday.
The gaff occurred two weeks ago and will delay tens of millions doses slated to ship next month while the FDA investigates.
J&J blamed the mix-up on human error and says that 11 million doses that shipped this week were not affected.
White House officials told the Times that the J&J fiasco will not prevent the U.S. from reaching President Biden’s goal of having enough COVID-19 vaccine doses in the national stockpile to inoculate every American adult by the end of May.
Some 15 million doses of Johnson & Johnson’s one-shot coronavirus vaccine have been ruined after employees at a Baltimore manufacturing plant accidentally swapped two ingredients